As the year comes to an end, it's time for all those year wrap up lists and awards and such. In the category of Best Selling Vehicles for 2015, the Honda Civic has placed a respectable 5th place. Here is what Road and Track had to say of the popular sedan:
Over the course of the year the Civic sold 277,538 units. Keep in mind that for most of the year it was the 9th generation Civic, so sales should see a substantial boost in 2016 with a brand new version being on sale.Sweet-handling and fun to drive, the Civic deserves serious consideration from enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike. The base engine is a 158-hp 2.0-liter four; a 174-hp turbo 1.5-liter is optional. Good news: The 2.0-liter has a six-speed manual! (A CVT is optional.) Bad news: The turbo offers only the CVT. Both engines make enjoyable companions, but the turbo is definitely the hot rod of the two.
Here are the other vehicles that made the list.
1. Toyota Camry (361,111 sold)
2. Toyota Corolla (306,693 sold)
3. Honda Accord (294,935 sold)
4. Nissan Altima (283,372 sold)
5. Honda Civic (277,538 sold)
6. Ford Fusion (255,143 sold)
7. Hyundai Elantra (209,830 sold)
8. Chevrolet Cruze (193,680)
9. Ford Focus (180,287 sold)
10. Hyundai Sonata (173,751 sold)