10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 17th year in a row, the Honda Civic is the best-selling passenger car in Canada. It sold 66,057 units in Canada. That is a huge margin over second place -- 15,000 units to be exact.

“We truly value the trust that our customers put in us when they buy a Civic,” said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Nearly every Civic sold in Canada is built for Canadians, by Canadians, right here in our Ontario manufacturing facility. Seventeen years is an accomplishment that the entire Honda family can be very proud of; from our over 4,000 associates in Alliston, to our regional and national staff and thousands of associates at our 231 Honda dealers across the country.”
Canada has produced 3.8 million Honda Civics since 1973, and 1.8 million Civics have been sold in Canada since the same year.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Never realized civic sales were so good in Canada, good to know this is the case. With how much better the next civic is said to be, Honda should see even more sales coming through.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless they really mess something up it seems like the Honda Civic will be coming in first place in Canada for a while still. They way outsold their competitors. It wasn't even close.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Honda having a strong focus on Canada and not just throwing vehicles into the Canadian market was probably one of many influential factors....

Last I checked, I think Honda was set to invest hundreds of millions into their Canadian facilities going forward.

"We truly value the trust that our customers put in us when they buy a Civic," said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Nearly every Civic sold in Canada is built for Canadians, by Canadians, right here in our Ontario manufacturing facility. Sixteen years is an accomplishment that the entire Honda family can be very proud of; from our 4,200 associates in Alliston, to our regional and national staff and 230 dealers across the country.”

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet the prices are kept down a little bit because things are domestically produced. No tariffs at all and less shipping costs as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bet the prices are kept down a little bit because things are domestically produced. No tariffs at all and less shipping costs as well.
that sure does help as all that's really needed is to haul these across north america by trains or trucks

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if the Civic even outsold the F-150 in Canada because I feel as though I am always reading that that truck is the best-selling vehicle in both Canada and the US.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It really doesn't seem like there is any slowing down for that trend a the moment too. If anything it is sedan sales that are slowing and crossover sales that are gaining momentum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price for the Civic in Canada is on par with competition built outside Canada. My 08 civic si cost $30,000+ out the door.

First post on these forums. Big Honda fan and looking forward to the 10th gen turbo civics :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Price for the Civic in Canada is on par with competition built outside Canada. My 08 civic si cost $30,000+ out the door.

First post on these forums. Big Honda fan and looking forward to the 10th gen turbo civics :)
It's funny how that works but looking at it on their end, why trim pricing when it may not benefit them much even if their overhead is decreased, might as well pocket the extra :D Honda is Honda after all, it needs no explanation.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's funny how that works but looking at it on their end, why trim pricing when it may not benefit them much even if their overhead is decreased, might as well pocket the extra :D Honda is Honda after all, it needs no explanation.
I also think that Canadians are use to paying a bit more anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are
that understanding was always their
by default canadians know what ever americans are paying, by default they will be paying more.
Our Dollar is really low right now also (about .79c) to the US.

Some cars are on par however.... Hellcat Challenger is 64k here, Corvette C7 is 59k starting. And most Mercedes are on par with US pricing.

Lots of others like Ford fiesta st, focus st, civic, camaro, BRZ, STI and Evo... All are a few K more here. A Mitsubishi evo MR is like 52k here lol. Biggest waste of money.... and a Camaro 1LE was 52k at the dealer here also and in the states that like what? 38k? lol.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
52k For an Evo... yeah no thanks. I won't be surprised if it's Subaru rival was just as much, but clearly there are gear heads that would get them as there is quite a strong following with Evo's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts