10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda Civic is quite a popular seller in the US. In 2014 it was the 9th best selling vehicle in the US.

Honda sold more than 325,000 examples of its compact sedan in 2014, which makes it the second-best selling car in its class despite seeing sales decrease by 3% for the year. In third place for the segment was the Chevrolet Cruze and that vehicle was behind the Civic by more than 50,000 units.

I wonder what Honda has up its sleeve in order to take the Civic from the number two spot in its segment. AT this point that must be their goal for the 10th generation Civic.

Here is the full list of best selling vehicles for the US in 2014.

1. Ford F-Series
2. Chevy Silverado
3. Ram Pickup
4. Toyota Camry
5. Honda Accord
6. Toyota Coralla
7. Nissan Altima
8. Honda CR-V
9. Honda Civic
10. Ford Fusion

http://www.leftlanenews.com/slideshows/in-pictures-10-best-selling-vehicles-of-2014.html

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Not one bit surprised that Fords F-150 is yet again at the top of the list here, along with other great american trucks.

I'm also a big fan of Toyota, seeing their new Corolla as the best selling compact sedan is great to see, they have really improved on it... slowly phasing away from it being a truly boring and dull sedan. I'm sure if they continued with the same approach as they did with the outgoing Corolla the Civic would likely top it on this list.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been pushing the Corolla pretty hard in ads in Toronto. All of them say that this Corolla is so much different from the last one. So yea, it seems they are trying to tell everyone that this time the Corolla isn't really boring.

·
Registered
876 Posts
They have been pushing the Corolla pretty hard in ads in Toronto. All of them say that this Corolla is so much different from the last one. So yea, it seems they are trying to tell everyone that this time the Corolla isn't really boring.
In a big city like that... it's expected, this is after all one of those preferred vehicles for the city to those that can skip going lower and paying for what's classified as a "city-car". Plus isn't the corolla one of Canada's better selling vehicles?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Actually what they're saying is that buying a Corolla doesn't make YOU boring ;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
that is what it is
the corolla is still boring, just that it got a new face and newer interior.
i didn't find it to excite me much aside from that.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that it is hard to design a mass volume car that isn't boring. In order to appeal to a lot of people you have to make the design palatable to a really wide audience. Things that are interesting to some people will turn other people off and away from the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Appeal is much more than just design especially when it comes to products that have been around forever, design will only matter so much then as there are other key areas of focus.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appeal is much more than just design especially when it comes to products that have been around forever, design will only matter so much then as there are other key areas of focus.
I suppose that being a boring car can also be the fault of performance and driving issues too. It is a whole package thing.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Exactly and to some people the fact of the Civic being what it is as they've known it is already appealing enough.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly and to some people the fact of the Civic being what it is as they've known it is already appealing enough.
I suppose that is true. These vehicles are a mainstay of the auto industry. People are familiar with them and they have good reputations. What people may like about these vehicles is that they are good quality, nice vehicles that will do their job. People who are for these cars don't care quite so much about image. They are happy with something that looks nice, but not crazily designed.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
one thing that can't be forgotten is that not everyone is tech savvy enough to go on the internet or beyond what they hear is good, like Honda, and that's a lot of folks, a lot of people that by default go for Honda or some other Japanese car maker.

·
Registered
876 Posts
one thing that can't be forgotten is that not everyone is tech savvy enough to go on the internet or beyond what they hear is good, like Honda, and that's a lot of folks, a lot of people that by default go for Honda or some other Japanese car maker.
not the best approach but i also know many like that
anything else, they feel uncomfortable with

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They have spent time building up that reputation though. They have earned it in a sense. Still, it's best to do your own due diligence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts