10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Still can't get over how we get a spoiler that's not nearly as nice as what the concept had.
Thanks for posting these photos.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still can't get over how we get a spoiler that's not nearly as nice as what the concept had.
Thanks for posting these photos.
I was never expecting to get a spoiler that was like the concept. I'm pretty happy about the version that they gave us since it was certainly possible for them to just not really give us much of a spoiler at all.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The possibility was there, it isn't entirely impossible or impractical. We also don't have to get it exactly as seen.

·
Registered
165 Posts
that concept spoiler was so original and beautiful, although a bit overkill as well
same as the final version, a tad too much
but still, beautiful car!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I feel like the 10gen type R will be even better in terms of appearance. You have to imagine the current Type R was created using the existing body structure of a civic that had already been in market for 3 years. So without being able to change any major cosmetic portions of the car they did a great job. The next gen Civic no doubt already has the Type R in mind, so i imagine the next gen will be more cohesive, elegant, sporty and striking in appearance. It makes a big difference starting with an already made car and trying to make it perform and having a clean slate to start from.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yup thinks so as well
i think the 9th gen won't 'age' as well as the 8th gen did
the 10th gen is going to be more complete

·
Registered
991 Posts
I feel like the 10gen type R will be even better in terms of appearance. You have to imagine the current Type R was created using the existing body structure of a civic that had already been in market for 3 years. So without being able to change any major cosmetic portions of the car they did a great job. The next gen Civic no doubt already has the Type R in mind, so i imagine the next gen will be more cohesive, elegant, sporty and striking in appearance. It makes a big difference starting with an already made car and trying to make it perform and having a clean slate to start from.
I agree with you. The Civic Type R currently looks great, but that just means that the next-gen Type R should be even better and more forward thinking. At the same time, given the design of the concepts that we have seen from the 10th-gen Civic, I think we might get something that is somewhat similar to the Civic.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Honestly the CTR looks so dated now that Honda has shown off the 10th gen. I was kinda into the styling earlier in the year but then we saw the Coupe concept in April and all lust for the CTR died instantly... LOL

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Fortunately with the 10th gen civic, it seems we can expect aftermarket support to be just as good or better than the current 9th gen, with that we should have aero bits that fill in where honda missed out.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Honestly the CTR looks so dated now that Honda has shown off the 10th gen. I was kinda into the styling earlier in the year but then we saw the Coupe concept in April and all lust for the CTR died instantly... LOL
True say. The CTR was based off of an old body style. Coupe is part of their whole new design, refreshing seeing that, something we've needed in a civic coupe for YEARS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts