10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Honda Civic Type R was spotted testing in Ohio. I'm hoping that means that the Honda Civic Type R might have a chance of making it to North American shores.

The heavy camouflage just doesn't mask the big spoiler put on the back.

Jalopnik does say that "It's not at all uncommon for manufacturers to do this with non-American cars." So that is sad.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Its not sad, its logical... We're at the tail end of the 9th gen, it costs millions to hologate a car for sale in the US market, 10th gen will be a world market car...

Makes little logical sense for Honda to homologate a small volume car for less then a year of sales potential in the US before the new world market car will show up...

You'll get your Type R, just not until the rest of us get our 10th gens...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not sad, its logical... We're at the tail end of the 9th gen, it costs millions to hologate a car for sale in the US market, 10th gen will be a world market car...

Makes little logical sense for Honda to homologate a small volume car for less then a year of sales potential in the US before the new world market car will show up...

You'll get your Type R, just not until the rest of us get our 10th gens...
The Civic Type R isn't coming to America. Are you saying that it will once the 10th gen Civic comes out, or are you saying that America will get a Type R that is based on the 10th gen Civic instead of the 9th gen?

·
Registered
959 Posts
The Civic Type R isn't coming to America. Are you saying that it will once the 10th gen Civic comes out, or are you saying that America will get a Type R that is based on the 10th gen Civic instead of the 9th gen?
If saying if NA does get a Type R it won't be until the Civic becomes a world car... which is in the 10th gen...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've seen Euro VWs doing heat testing that we never see here. I just wonder why no one has stolen the Type R yet with all the pictures floating around.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
world market approach is the way to go.
cutting costs from the start is the way to do it and this is one of the ways to ensure they're more in the clear, plus who wouldn't want this?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Stealing it would be hard. I'm sure it's not just that single test mule out on the road by itself from Honda but they might have some team not far as that is sometimes the case with these mules.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The camo isn't even good, it makes it even more obvious that something is up, even from a distance when you see that camo it's bound to draw your attention rather than say... just a vehicle with a normal finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts