10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out Honda UK's newest commercial. It shows off many of Honda's newest products. That includes the ASIMO robot, the NSX supercar, the HRV and the Civic Type R.

The grouping, all finished in Honda's trademark white, of course, forms a rocketship of sorts. Each driver engages his or her vehicle successively, creating a wave of thrust from smoking tires and jet engines. It's all quite beautifully filmed, and even contains an easter egg or two -- including a NSX driver looking forlornly at a dogeared photo before takeoff, a well-worn sci-fi movie trope, that turns out to be a picture of the classic NSX.
It is cinematic, which really serves to make Honda's products look beautiful and inspiring. They've done a great job here.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The type R and NSX looks amazing in that commercial! Mostly the NSX but I can't afford that. :crying:

It's great how they based the drivers on what the car was designed for.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point the NSX may never actually get into customers' hands. It seems like they just keep delaying and delaying. The ASIMO robot is the most fascinating to me. Will be very, very cool to see what that becomes in the future.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Pretty much everyone has lost interest in the NSX because it just seems like it'll never arrive. The concept car floated around for how long? Then another concept car.... now they have a production version and yet have not set an on sale date!? This car has been teased now for 3 years.... they've effectively killed any and all hype associated with this car, and by time it makes to market (if it ever does) its going to be severely dated and "slow" by supercar standards, and honda will have another lame duck car that is going to sell for as much as other newer more exciting super cars on the market... now... lets all sit back and watch them do the same thing to the baby NSX for honda and the CTR next year....

·
Registered
959 Posts
I dont think thats fair to say at... when the NSX comes out its still going to be the ONLY hybrid sportscar in its class. Porsche hasn't done it at that price point, Audi hasn't Ferrari hasn't... Acura is the first to build a poor mans mclaren P1... I don't think you guys should discount that...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It may be a more affordable version of the Mclaren P1 but they will have to come up with a new marketing plan to renew consumer interest in NSX again. Maybe make a NSX Targa follow up. That would look amazing!

The inclusion of the ASIMO robot shows that Honda is more than just an automotive company, they are a leader in artificial intelligence development and I was lucky enough to see it in action at the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation in Japan.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the main issue with the NSX has been the marketing and advertising. They started the push too long ago so now people have fatigue. It doesn't feel fresh any more and it hasn't even come out yet. If the marketing or advertising had been handled differently, I think that the attitude towards it would be much different.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It's been 3 years since the concept car was developed and a few people has probably forgotten all about it.
Also just realized that the Jet is Honda's first private jet. This ad really covers everything! And I may have spent a few minutes staring at ASIMO videos.

·
Registered
959 Posts
but they havent been marketing and advertising it to the average consumer. You ghuys forget that just ebcause you read car blogs doesn't mean everyone reads car blogs. Go out and ask 10 average people what they know about the new NSX...see how many ACTUALLY know what you're talking about.

And you know what, another thing. How long was the GT-R in dev and rumored to be coming out??? how about the LFA, that was what 10 years in the making.

You guys are starting to sound like the journos... coincidence?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
but they havent been marketing and advertising it to the average consumer. You ghuys forget that just ebcause you read car blogs doesn't mean everyone reads car blogs. Go out and ask 10 average people what they know about the new NSX...see how many ACTUALLY know what you're talking about.

And you know what, another thing. How long was the GT-R in dev and rumored to be coming out??? how about the LFA, that was what 10 years in the making.

The NSX doesn't really MATTER to the average car buyer does it? It's a machine built for enthusiasts. The people with the money to buy this car most likely do read auto mags and car blogs. Keep in mind demographic. Yes, the NSX might drum up some publicity for the lower Acura models from the average car buyer... but the enthusiasm and wow factor of the NSX to the car enthusiast it's targeted toward is already dead in the water....

·
Registered
441 Posts

But the NSX is really aimed at car enthusiasts. I don't think mayn people go to the dealership being like "I want a car. What do you have?" and then leave with an NSX. People who will buy the NSX go in knowing they want to buy it, they are the people who have been following its development over all these years.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
But the NSX is really aimed at car enthusiasts. I don't think mayn people go to the dealership being like "I want a car. What do you have?" and then leave with an NSX. People who will buy the NSX go in knowing they want to buy it, they are the people who have been following its development over all these years.
That's my point. They're enthusiasts that have been anxiously waiting for this car over the years. and Acura has led them on and on now for 3 years to the point where many of them have lost interest in the car, or even lost hope itll ever go on sale... and instead bought a competitors car.

·
Registered
959 Posts
who are these people...you guys are totally confident that acura has shot its wad... but who are all these mythical people who keep not buying the NSX??

You'll come to find that alot of people who own Ferraris and Porsches aren't actually as hard core enthusiasts as you think they are.

You're also discounting how unique the product is to the segment. There's nothing at the price point that offers technology on the same level as the NSX sorry, unless you want a Model S.

Why did we praise Lexus for taking god knows how long to create the LFA? They were taking their time getting the product right, right... But when Acura does they've royally totally fuckked it, right...? And if Acura released the NSX early and unhappy with it to the rabid frenzy of jalopnik enthusiasts what would of happened then....

·
Registered
876 Posts
With the direction Acura has gone with the NSX, it slots well into exotic segments, we might be surprised who ends up buying one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts