10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda Civic Type R will make its official debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, but until then we we do have some teaser images. Honda says that the Civic Type R will boast a top speed of 167 mph and will also be showcased in Championship White.

Honda has also confirmed that the Civic Type R will run on a new 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine. No word on the power output as of yet though. The Civic Type R will also receive unique 19-inch wheels along with Brembo brakes.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
So far what we're seeing here is looking good to me.
What do you guys think the chances are what we see at the Geneva show will be a world wide model and not just something for the european market

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say that there is a chance. They have been teasing NA with the Type R and that makes me think that they are planning to give the next gen Type R as a world wide model. I really like what they have done with the instrument cluster. The lighting is nice and then I like the simplicity of the gauges.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i hope that is actually what happens as i love what i'm seeing here, it's taking on the direction I wanted them to go with design judging from the little we get to see here.

they have even more of a reason to bring this states side with Ford officially making the Focus RS available, it's time for Honda to send the Type R out to war.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that Ford's move will probably prompt Honda to follow suit. Often times it just takes one automaker to try something and then all the rest follow.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I agree that Ford's move will probably prompt Honda to follow suit. Often times it just takes one automaker to try something and then all the rest follow.
yeah it helps to have a successful example of what can/can't happen, even better for the brand that comes out with the original vehicle for that segment.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that most people want AWD now, especially if they live in a climate with snow. Just gives people some extra piece of mind when it comes to handling, especially in less than ideal conditions.

·
Registered
876 Posts
that along with performance
plus it will help position the civic well among what else you can get for similar dollars adding more it's arsenal

·
Registered
13 Posts

from the article:
It rides on 19-inch glossy black alloy wheels with red accents matching the brake calipers which on the front axle work with Brembo 350mm drilled discs. Underneath the hood is a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine rated at more than 280 HP (206 kW) which will be enough for a top speed of 167 mph (270 km/h).

5 pictures and full article

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Love the seats and even the seat belt as well, it's great that the didn't just leave the belt in black or some other typical color:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts