10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Honda Civic Type R will make its official debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, but until then we we do have some teaser images. Honda says that the Civic Type R will boast a top speed of 167 mph and will also be showcased in Championship White.

Honda has also confirmed that the Civic Type R will run on a new 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine. No word on the power output as of yet though. The Civic Type R will also receive unique 19-inch wheels along with Brembo brakes.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say that there is a chance. They have been teasing NA with the Type R and that makes me think that they are planning to give the next gen Type R as a world wide model. I really like what they have done with the instrument cluster. The lighting is nice and then I like the simplicity of the gauges.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i hope that is actually what happens as i love what i'm seeing here, it's taking on the direction I wanted them to go with design judging from the little we get to see here.

they have even more of a reason to bring this states side with Ford officially making the Focus RS available, it's time for Honda to send the Type R out to war.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that most people want AWD now, especially if they live in a climate with snow. Just gives people some extra piece of mind when it comes to handling, especially in less than ideal conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts

from the article:
It rides on 19-inch glossy black alloy wheels with red accents matching the brake calipers which on the front axle work with Brembo 350mm drilled discs. Underneath the hood is a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine rated at more than 280 HP (206 kW) which will be enough for a top speed of 167 mph (270 km/h).

5 pictures and full article

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.