10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, people are receiving their new Civics with scratches on them, maybe a small ding or failing seat leather. Anyone getting their Civics in less than pristine condition?

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's ridiculous.. but people also need to be paying more attention when they pick up their cars from the dealership. A lot of people just don't think anything will be wrong with it and as soon as you leave the lot, it's your fault

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes you can miss things when checking over a new car or the lighting is hiding a few flaws, maybe a small scratch won't be noticed until it's brought home. Just sucks that people have to deal with this when you expect to receive a pristine vehicle.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It really does suck. A lot of times too, scratches are from the detailers at the dealership itself that "prep" the vehicle beforehand. Been to a few dealers that use "detailers" and these guys are cleaning brand new cars with a darn wash broom that gets cleaned once at the end of everyday, and barely cleaned at that.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I'm paranoid of the car wash I usually get after bringing in a car for maintenece. I actually have no idea how they go about washing the cars; an automatic car wash or someone with a broom?

·
Registered
876 Posts
The trick is to go to the touchless car washes, those won't give you a problem. The only thing is to worry about how harsh the cleaning chemicals are, but you definitely wont get scratches. Just have to make sure you get your car waxed and detailed quartely or some frequency like that.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Now I'm paranoid of the car wash I usually get after bringing in a car for maintenece. I actually have no idea how they go about washing the cars; an automatic car wash or someone with a broom?
Some dealerships have automatic drive-thru washes.. typically with the rolling brushes and what not. Equally, if not worse than a poor hand wash. I just avoid them completely. The only person to ever wash my car is myself. Don't trust anyone lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed some stone chips on the roof a few day after I got the car...

When you go get the car, sometime you are so excited to get it and you just want to drive it... I did a general inspection of it and I did not notice that defect.

I went back the following week and they will re do the paint on the roof.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's great that they're willing to repaint the roof for you. Yea, when you get excited, the car just gets a cursory check over. Guess your gar was somehow chipped out there during transport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts