10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Honda Makes A Comeback In The Tuner Scene

12K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  5TAR 
#1 ·

SEMA is the show where anything can happen and modded Civics has been a staple for years and this year is no different. Honda partnered with three outside companies and had them produce their version of the new Civic, the manufacturer even came out with their own racing version.

Autoblog has the low down on all four models and firs up is a TJIN Edition yellow Civic coupe. This isn’t the first time TJIN has appeared on the SEMA scene as this tuner came out with a Civic SI a few years back. For 2016, they’ve given the coupe a Apollo Top One Auto Part lip spoiler along with Honda Factory Performance side skirts and rear bumper. BC Racing BR Series coilover suspension brings the body closer to those Rotiform OZT wheels paired with a set of Baer brakes. Of course, there’s the yellow paint that extends to the Katzkin leather and suede seats.

Another modded coupe came from MAD Industries and they gave the Civic a single center exhaust and some carbon fiber ground effects from Carbon 2 Carbon. It’s also sitting on Eibach Pro Kit springs with a set of Rotiform QLB wheels and Toyo T1R tires. Matching the blue exterior is some splashes of blue on the dashboard and blue stitching in the upholstery.

Meguiar's Civic X Concept went in a different direction and worked on a Civic sedan instead. Like the two coupes, it’s been lowered onto some SSR mesh wheels with a coilover suspension. The whole bonnet has been replaced with one made with carbon fiber and there are matching black accents on the side mirrors and door handles. The cabin is sporting red and black Alcantara and an upgraded sound system. Aside from exterior changes they’ve also made modifications to the engine bay, but specifics have not been released yet and all AutoBlog saw was a front-mounted intercooler.

As for Honda, they revealed a race ready Civic hatchback that will debut at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December this year. Bringing it up to code is an FIA-certified roll cage and a huge wing. Changes have also been made to the transmission and engine, but this information has not been released yet.

Rounding out the group is a Civic hatchback decked out in Honda Factory Performance accessories that the average owner can purchase including ground effects, rear wing, brake rotors, 19-inch wheels, and more.

See less See more
#2 ·
Take away the stripes on the Civic that MAD industries put together and i'll take one, it's my favorite out of the rest just have too much going on for my liking or just have parts that don't complement the Civic's design.

What is everyone else's take on these?

#3 ·
Take away the stripes on the Civic that MAD industries put together and i'll take one, it's my favorite out of the rest just have too much going on for my liking or just have parts that don't complement the Civic's design.

What is everyone else's take on these?
yeah on the MAD industries definitely get rid of the stripes, and I'm not a fan of the wheels. Needs better wheels , even stock wheels are nicer IMO.

I like the yellow Civic, but it is mostly a Honda body kit from what I can tell ?

The Honda race car is nice, I like the wheels and body work, but I hate the swan tail rear spoiler, but it is more function than form I guess with racers, looks don't really matter in that environment.

#5 ·
Love this new generation of Civic.

#6 ·
I still haven't seen any real in-person images from SEMA of the Mad Industries version or the Meguiars X version. I do like the Mad Industries carbon ground effects but that's as far as that goes. Not fond of the colour or the stripes. Hate the wheels absolutely.

To be honest, I don't like the wheels on any of them it seems.

If I really had to make a choice, I would go with the Civic in the Seibon booth that's posted in the other thread. That thing looks all beast.

#7 ·
yellow coupe above with the race car wheels and spoiler from MAD blue one

anyone notice the honda factory car has a different bumper on it? it looks more like the hatch's front bumper, on the coupe...maybe an iteration of the upcoming Si coupe?

#9 ·
Blue Coupe

Regarding the Mad Industries Blue Coupe in the article. Those wheels will be the death of the owner. My WRX had BBS forged wheels and they took some time cleaning the brake dust as they had a bunch of spokes. The wheels on the SEMA car are ridiculous and would take forever to clean. When I was younger (waaay back) I drove my brothers Austin Healy 3000 a lot. It had painted spoke wheels and they were really fun to clean. Just a thought.

#10 ·
Regarding the Mad Industries Blue Coupe in the article. Those wheels will be the death of the owner. My WRX had BBS forged wheels and they took some time cleaning the brake dust as they had a bunch of spokes. The wheels on the SEMA car are ridiculous and would take forever to clean. When I was younger (waaay back) I drove my brothers Austin Healy 3000 a lot. It had painted spoke wheels and they were really fun to clean. Just a thought.
Unless the owner was smart and got them coated with something like Opti coat, then in that case it wont be much of an issue. Just need some decent wheel cleaner and a power washer, and the odd need for elbow grease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.