10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow Members,

I believe Honda builds an excellent car but I have one area I really believe they could improve. That area is wheel design.

I really like what I see in the 2016 Civic but believe the Touring is the only trim level with an attractive wheel package.

I do not like to be critical about a car that is a strong effort from Honda. How does everyone else feel?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Completely agreed. The EX wheels are passable for that trim level, but the EXT and EXL wheels are seriously ridiculous. The touring are definitely the most attractive, and I am going with that trim. The 2016 accord got some weird wheel designs as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not a fan of the current offerings. They are following the lead of VW, Toyota Corolla, Kia's and Mazda.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Completely agreed. The EX wheels are passable for that trim level, but the EXT and EXL wheels are seriously ridiculous. The touring are definitely the most attractive, and I am going with that trim. The 2016 accord got some weird wheel designs as well.

The Accord has the same nice set on the Sport and Touring. The rest look horrible.

I want to know who is approving these designs. It is as if the person majored in art of the middle ages in college or is stuck in the 1970's. It is simply not hip!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Accord has the same nice set on the Sport and Touring. The rest look horrible.

I want to know who is approving these designs. It is as if the person majored in art of the middle ages in college or is stuck in the 1970's. It is simply not hip!
Yeah forgot to mention, the sport/touring wheels look great. But the EX-L wheels, please, what is with these directional patterns?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yeah forgot to mention, the sport/touring wheels look great. But the EX-L wheels, please, what is with these directional patterns?

While i agree the EXT/EXL wheels are a bit busy, it was mentioned on another site, the wheels designs were taken into account for the CdA (drag coefficient) of the car (4% just from the wheels) so the designs are functional to the fuel efficiency and wind noise of the car.

I know that doesn't really justify the overly busy designs but, at least there is a logical reason why they are the way they are.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Even though most people on this page can't stand the wheels I think they won't have a problem selling remember they sell to the masses not to the enthusiast I don't mind them it might have something to do with I really like to 2 color wheel approach because I look at so many at work when I put the crv touring wheels on

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While i agree the EXT/EXL wheels are a bit busy, it was mentioned on another site, the wheels designs were taken into account for the CdA (drag coefficient) of the car (4% just from the wheels) so the designs are functional to the fuel efficiency and wind noise of the car.

I know that doesn't really justify the overly busy designs but, at least there is a logical reason why they are the way they are.
You made excellent points and gave a great explanation for those of us such as myself who did not know. Thank God for the accessory catelogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
THIS!!!!!
I almost want to get the EX over the EX-T just because the rims are ugly. But I'm afraid going from driving a mustang to the EX civic would be a drastic downgrade in power. The 2 tone is awful, I think I'm going to plastidip the rims all black. Idk I want to see someone else do it first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts