10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never bought a new Honda before, what are Honda's service packages like (or do they even offer them at all?)

I'm talking about things like your first 10 oil changes included or something like that...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Never bought a new Honda before, what are Honda's service packages like (or do they even offer them at all?)

I'm talking about things like your first 10 oil changes included or something like that...
I've only ever leased... but to my knowledge honda doesn't have anything like that... they do offer a 3rd party scratch/stain repair/protection package at different levels which gets tacked onto monthly payments.

However, they send out tons of monthly coupons for inspections, oil changes, etc which all come complimentary with tire checks/rotation, reduce price wipers, etc.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
So I can collect a hoard of coupons and use them for my next service? Nice!
Will we at least have the first oil change free or something along those lines?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
So I can collect a hoard of coupons and use them for my next service? Nice!
Will we at least have the first oil change free or something along those lines?
They usually (at least at my dealer) a card that gives you your first oil change for free along with inspection/tire rotation/ etc. Unfortunately, i drive so little it takes so long to get to my first oil change that i end up losing the card before then. But they do send out coupons every month. But you can't stock pile them, they're usually only valid for THAT MONTH, but again, they send you one every month so no need to stock pile.

My last oil change/filter change/wiper blade replacement/tire rotation/multi point inspection/ fluid refill/ car wash came to a grand total of $35 with my coupon they sent me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes. Civics ONLY take synthetic
huh? honda's own oil is synthetic blend. they're full synthetic is priced way too high. that's why i usually just get valvoline 0w-20 full synthetic. and most oils aren't full synthetic like claimed. unless that's changed in the last couple of years which i doubt.

·
Registered
237 Posts
huh? honda's own oil is synthetic blend. they're full synthetic is priced way too high. that's why i usually just get valvoline 0w-20 full synthetic. and most oils aren't full synthetic like claimed. unless that's changed in the last couple of years which i doubt.
i would imagine you're going to want as high quality synth as possible with the new turbo motor.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I purchased a package on my last two Hondas, covers all the normal maintenance and oil changes on the car. It sis not seem to save me much over just paying for the oil changes as I needed them, maybe $50 savings but it's so much easier when you go in. Just drop it off and quick sign and drive at pickup with all needed work done.

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/finance/maintenance-program

• Oil and filter2
  • Tire rotation
  • Air intake filter
  • Cabin air filter
  • Automatic transmission fluid
  • Rear differential fluid
  • Transfer case fluid
  • Brake fluid

• Multi-point inspection:
    • - Front and rear brakes
    • - Parking brake adjustment
    • - Tie rod ends
    • - Steering gear box and boots
    • - Suspension components
    • - Drive shaft boots
    • - Brake hoses and lines (including ABS/VS)
    • - All fluid levels and condition of fluids
    • - Exhaust system
    • - Fuel lines and connections
    • - Drive belts

Adds like $7 to my payments and I don't have to worry about any of it, and they like it as if maintenance is done there they can resell the car as a certified used car if in good shape. My last one hit the certified lot and I expect the one I have now will also as I take great care of my cars. Traded in lease early and they actually paid me 2k to trade in early to get my current HR-V. Not a bad deal, I'll do this again on my Civic when/if I get one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts