10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda is bringing its Civic Tourer Active Life concept to the Frankfurt Motor Show. The concept is meant to show the versatility of the Civic wagon. With the rear seats folded down the cargo space totals 1,668 liters. If you take a look at the concept, that's enough space to fit two whole bikes back there.

Honda has equipped the Civic Tourer-based concept with plenty of accessories such as a bottle holder, toolbox, water tank, extended shade area and a front wheel holder. You will also notice the roof-mounted box that has a "special aero shape" created to accommodate cycling-related items like helmets and shoes.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115091098700/honda-reveals-iaa-bound-civic-tourer-active-life-concept

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Very versatile vehicle. Ugly as sin. But it serves it's purpose no doubt. And i actually like the body color interior accents on the dash and seats, that would be a cool feature for them to have in the civic as an option.

Doubt it would ever sell here... granted the subaru wagons always do ok... but i don't know how keen people would be to buy a civic wagon... they're already iffy about traditional hatches.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean I think it is just a concept. Showing what you could do or fit in the Civic Tourer. The front end is pretty ugly. I like the roof and the rear though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I mean I think it is just a concept. Showing what you could do or fit in the Civic Tourer. The front end is pretty ugly. I like the roof and the rear though.
It's a concept of a production car. Like a variant. Because i'm pretty sure these are being sold in Europe where wagons are popular. I do like the paint scheme and the floating roofline. Just the interior configuration is the concept portion of the car.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Too bad it seems like the chances of us getting it will be slim, very slim.

However I think they should have done this active life thing with the HR-V, but it could be said that they didn't need it with the success of it already.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Too bad it seems like the chances of us getting it will be slim, very slim.

However I think they should have done this active life thing with the HR-V, but it could be said that they didn't need it with the success of it already.
Never say never. They could do a special edition at some point for the HRV. Remember the Element had a special edition for dog owners there for a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love this car! I would buy the turbo-diesel, manual version of the Honda Tourer in a microsecond. In fact, I would move out of the US to do it. I'm not seeing it for sale anywhere south of the border though. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It's also where the spare tire would go, so with all that moved and removed, it opened up a LOT of space.

Even just removing the spare tire along opens up a lot of space.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just realized it's designed to seat 2 people only. Not sure if I want the option to seat more taken from me.
If they were to ever actually build this.... they could have removeable rear seats like some minivans have. lol. Because who wouldn't want to live the struggle of trying to get 85-100 pound seats out of a car door? haha.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a concept though. The actual model obviously seats more than 2. It's just to show the possibility of the Tourer can do.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If they were to ever actually build this.... they could have removeable rear seats like some minivans have. lol. Because who wouldn't want to live the struggle of trying to get 85-100 pound seats out of a car door? haha.
Indeed and as you would imagine they'll make it easy to move around all for the sake of efficiency and having folks not feel discouraged to get it for the sake of seats being hard to remove. Only downside is that weight side to it which can't be worked around.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Indeed and as you would imagine they'll make it easy to move around all for the sake of efficiency and having folks not feel discouraged to get it for the sake of seats being hard to remove. Only downside is that weight side to it which can't be worked around.
Are you saying that the removable seats are heavier than regular seats?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Are you saying that the removable seats are heavier than regular seats?
They might be. Extra hardware is needed to make them removable, latches and such that don't need to be on regular seats. I know the seats in my moms van are insanely heavy and hard to get in and out. Magic seats was a way to get rid of that hassle.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The Magic Seat system lets the seats stow into the floor instead of actually having to remove them. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The Magic Seat system lets the seats stow into the floor instead of actually having to remove them. Is that right?
Yes, that is correct. It was honda's answer to dodge/chrysler stow and go seating.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, that is correct. It was honda's answer to dodge/chrysler stow and go seating.
Only available on SUV-type models though, if I am correct. Would be a big step if they could fit the system into their smaller sedan-type models.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Only available on SUV-type models though, if I am correct. Would be a big step if they could fit the system into their smaller sedan-type models.
It's in the Pilot, the Odyssey, HRV, and the Fit. I'm not sure why a sedan would need this as they already have the trunk pass through, and i'm not sure it would be a viable option for something like a sedan anyway because the back seats are all connected to the back end of the car instead of being free floating like they do in hatches, CUVs and vans.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts