10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the +9 psi tune with the Hondata Tuner yet? This might be the reason I get Hondata instead of KTuner. I have a Sport Hatch Manual btw.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
ive heard that somebody tried it and was night and day vs the +6 psi tune
he said it was more of a race tune...and not for everyday driving like the +6 tune

·
Registered
198 Posts
Has anyone done the +9 psi tune with the Hondata Tuner yet? This might be the reason I get Hondata instead of KTuner. I have a Sport Hatch Manual btw.
ITs only for the MT, and there are a lot less MT's out there so not very many people running it. Did see that a few have tried it and love it. I mean, who doesnt love more boost :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
They need to give a small increase for the CVT owners(majority), there is a bit more well before it's limit I believe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They need to give a small increase for the CVT owners(majority), there is a bit more well before it's limit I believe.
I said this on the other forum, but Ill repeat here. Hondata has given us the base tunes.Heck they are even giving us updates to make it run better. If we want more, its up to us to tune it or pay for a custom tune. Im surprised Hondata did the +9 but thats awesome of them. I feel Ive gotten way more for my money on the Flash Pro from Hondata on this platform than I did on my FA5. On that one it was, here is a basetune for header intake exhaust, now go pay $250 more to a pro tuner to make it perfect. They have even asked me to send them a datalog of a 30 minute drive to help my fueling and a 0-60 run to look at the WOT and make an adjustment or 2. Thats pretty good of them

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Registered
47 Posts
The better turbo response between shifts is no BS, extra power is good, too :) Haven't tried the no-lift-shift, but when shifting normally the shift-wait-wait-woosh is now shift-wai-woosh. Only a hint of turbo lag is left.

The blue stock line is from a couple months ago when the car had less than 1k miles on the odometer. +6 psi red, and +9 psi green were essentially back-to-back before and after Hondata update, about 4k miles after the stock baseline.

Interesting note, the +6 psi tune dyno'd +10hp/+19tq compared to 4k miles ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts