10th Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I set the rev limit to 5000 rpm and 65% throttle my car will not go past 5000rpms anymore, i flashed it three times and still won’t go past it. So I set it to 6500 rpms as that’s the redline. Is the rpm limit setting under the full throttle shifting section not a minimum rpm to engage it, if so is something wrong because again setting it to 5000rpm I can’t no longer go past it. Also does it take miles driven in order for it to work itself out. I’m still a newbie to flashing

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I set the rev limit to 5000 rpm and 65% throttle my car will not go past 5000rpms anymore, i flashed it three times and still won’t go past it. So I set it to 6500 rpms as that’s the redline. Is the rpm limit setting under the full throttle shifting section not a minimum rpm to engage it, if so is something wrong because again setting it to 5000rpm I can’t no longer go past it. Also does it take miles driven in order for it to work itself out. I’m still a newbie to flashing
It sounds like you set the actual Rev Limit, and not the RPM threshold (minimum) associated with full throttle shifting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It sounds like you set the actual Rev Limit, and not the RPM threshold (minimum) associated with full throttle shifting.

I've attached 2 screen shots the first is what I had it set to 3 times and would not go past 5000rpms the second is what I have it set to know but I don't think its engaging now as my check engine light was flashing until I turn the car off and back on (I only tried it once). I have not changed any other setting not even enable sport mode on start up. I read that older civics needed a clutch switch installed but I haven't read that the new one needs one.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm still comparing tuners... likely wouldn't be until spring until I pick one up (we have snowy, slippery winters here in Buffalo).

Anyone with a CVT and a tune care to chime in with opinions?
Mainly looking for any special considerations for a CVT... especially if "don't do it!":laugh:

Primarily frustrating to me are initial launches, I can't raise the RPMs like with my manual tranny cars. I saw some screenshots with what look like some sort of launch control - is there a launch mode, if even as simple as "3000 RPM at a stop, when launch mode engaged" or something?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are there features beyond the tune - like I heard the "eco" button was remapped as a 'stock tune' button at one point.

Is there any kind of "launch" feature that would help the CVT off the line? Like I said, I imagine even just holding the revs at 3000 RPM would do wonders - I'm not sure if that kind of hard launch would damage whatever clutch mechanism or clutch substitute engages the CVT...?

I'm entirely new to CVTs and pretty new to automatics in general, actually, so pardon my ignorance of that aspect of them.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I've attached 2 screen shots the first is what I had it set to 3 times and would not go past 5000rpms the second is what I have it set to know but I don't think its engaging now as my check engine light was flashing until I turn the car off and back on (I only tried it once). I have not changed any other setting not even enable sport mode on start up. I read that older civics needed a clutch switch installed but I haven't read that the new one needs one.
You definitely don't need a clutch switch or anything special like that. Quick question: what version of FlashPro Manager are you running? I want to make sure you at least have the newest version available. Also, just to confirm, are you saying that your Si will not rev past 5000 RPMs even when not launching? Does this occur in all gears?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You definitely don't need a clutch switch or anything special like that. Quick question: what version of FlashPro Manager are you running? I want to make sure you at least have the newest version available. Also, just to confirm, are you saying that your Si will not rev past 5000 RPMs even when not launching? Does this occur in all gears?

I'm running the newest version but I fixed it. I flashed back to stock and then drove it. I then flashed to the +6PSI and now I can hit redline with full throttle shift kicking in at 5100rpms. It shifts as smooth as butter now, almost feels like an automatic lol. Ive added a screen shot of my data log

Attachments

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Glad you fixed it. Hard to say exactly what was changed that caused the issue, but reflashing with one of the Hondata basemaps is always a good thing to do if you've modified things and are having trouble.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just saw a post on Hondata about FlexFuels!!!!!

Hondata has released Civic FlexFuel upgrade for the Civic Si.

Using inexpensive ethanol sensors and high ethanol content fuel it is now possible to make significant performance improvements with the supplied calibrations. Not only will your Civic make more torque and power, but it will spool the turbo earlier and faster while operating considerably cooler and smoother.

Unlike manufacturer flex fuel systems, the Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade dynamically adjusts the tuning for peak performance dependent on the ethanol content of the fuel. Just plug in, fill up and go. Gains of 64 hp and 64 lb ft torque over stock are possible for a total of 265 hp and 285 lb-ft torque.

No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go.

For more details click or copy and paste the link below
https://www.hondata.com/news/blogart51

Flex Fuel sensor = $25-$45
Honda Hose = $50

This changes the game!! Can someone say 300whp on stock internals?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Yes, the Hondata Flex Fuel option is amazing, and we'll be coming out with a easy to install kit shortly, so you don't have to purchase everything separately and assemble it. Keep in mind the sensor is more expensive than $25-45. For good ones, they are about $100 to $250 depending on the type and whether it comes with a gauge. Still, the bang for your buck is incredible with this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question about the flashpro, does it have maps for supporting mods too? For example I have the HB SPORT CVT, can I +6PSI + Downpipe + Intake? honestly all I want is a little more MMMPHH for my daily driving. like 230HP/245LB.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought if there is an issue and they can trace it back to the aftermarket part then it voids the warranty. I would think flashpro does because you're messing with the ECU of the car but if you flash it back to stock and then go to them who would know?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used the 6psi flexfuel tune. I'm currently using the 6psi base tune but that extra hp and torque from using flexfuel is tempting.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used the 6psi flexfuel tune. I'm currently using the 6psi base tune but that extra hp and torque from using flexfuel is tempting.
Well, I'm personally very familiar with the power differences since I have driven our 2017 Si shop car both with and without the E85. The power difference is pretty huge, and you absolutely feel it. In fact, with E85 we can floor it in 2nd gear and the tires will break loose!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for responding procivic. Does your Si use stock equipment ie clutch, if so do you have any problem with it slipping? How much ethanol do you try to use by %?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Thanks for responding procivic. Does your Si use stock equipment ie clutch, if so do you have any problem with it slipping? How much ethanol do you try to use by %?
Yes our Si uses the stock clutch for now, and we usually hover around E40 (40% ethanol). We do not encounter any noticeable slipping when driving it around, but I imagine if we had sticky tires we would.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who has hondata with plus 6psi on their si and how long have you been running it? I'm on the wall of buying the new 2018 si. Just don't know how much room there is for improvement in performance with keeping it reliable

101 - 120 of 123 Posts