10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but not new to honda's.
After seeing the new Civic Type R and doing some research on it I managed to find myself here!

Currently driving a 2003 Honda Civic that's still running strong, just burning a bit of oil!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey @Smith Nice to have you here.

What makes you a Honda brand loyalist? Are you considering any other other brands as well?

·
Registered
170 Posts
"Hoping the 10th generation Civic will be much better" how? It will be much different than your 2003 Civic, but that can either be good if you like all the new technology that the car will have, or bad if you prefer the simplicity of a non-touchscreen radio and lack of rear- and side-view cameras.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
whats up guys? AKA GM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do the non-navi units have a touchscreen as well? The wifey's '14 Accord Sport (non-navi) has a screen that's not touch and wasn't sure if the Civic is the same.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is the touchscreen going to be standard or an option do ya think? I could see plenty of people choosing to just not pay the extra for the touchscreen.

·
Registered
382 Posts
touchscreen's are currently standard on the EX and above models, navi units are a completely different HU. the cameras are helpful...but i wish they would allow the rear view camera to be turned on manually just like the 'lane watch' camera.

touchscreen has one flaw in my opinion - needs a rotary dial for volume. once i have my presets, i don't need a dial for tuning. volume is used so much...make it easier with dial.

·
Registered
135 Posts
touchscreen's are currently standard on the EX and above models, navi units are a completely different HU. the cameras are helpful...but i wish they would allow the rear view camera to be turned on manually just like the 'lane watch' camera.

touchscreen has one flaw in my opinion - needs a rotary dial for volume. once i have my presets, i don't need a dial for tuning. volume is used so much...make it easier with dial.
Steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
382 Posts
i use those as well...but, many times, my passenger would like to turn up or down the volume (read: 14 yr old daughter) and it would be much easier to use with a dial. also, my mother and i will swap when i need more space (she has CRV) and she has issues trying to turn the radio up and down sometimes.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

manual control of the rear view camera is also what i'd like to have since there are times where i'd like to look out the rear.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yes....the ability to look out back without being in reverse...like if someone is a bit close to your bumper or how close things may be.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was just going to suggest using the rearview mirror, but that makes sense. I know there has been a lot of discussion on 9thgencivic.com about the rearview camera on the 2013+ Civic, but I don't know that anyone has hacked a stock camera to achieve what you want to do. Maybe the possibility will exist on the 2016s.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There has been a law that requires all cars to have reaview cameras in the Us for a while now, but they keep pushing back the deadline to comply. Eventually all cars will have them though. The fact that they will be required in the future shows that they are a prety great thing for safety.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I stand corrected! Everyone will soon learn that I usually just make crap up like I know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
382 Posts
it was SUPPOSED to be mandatory in 2014. honda jumped the gun and installed them on the 2013's and above. the feds keep moving it because the automakers say it's too expensive to put on all the cars. why doesnt' GM and ford scale back the on-star and Sync stuff and add a camera that EVERYONE will use. how many people actually subscribe to On-star once the initial subscription expires? hyundai has blue-link to which i hear is a joke, and it's been out for 2+ years now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts