10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like people are paying slightly under msrp right now. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy my EX-T now or if there would be significant savings if I wait until Feb or March. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paying ABOVE MSRP!

It seems like people are paying slightly under msrp right now. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy my EX-T now or if there would be significant savings if I wait until Feb or March. Any opinions would be appreciated.
In my area (Washington DC) metro, several Honda dealerships are 'up-pricing' on the EX-L and Touring models!! The Touring is priced at $27,330! And as of right now these dealers will not budget on the price because they know there are people out there that will buy just to "have it now!!"

·
Registered
66 Posts
My local dealer now has the 16' Accord (EX-L with Sensing) advertised for just under $1900 below MSRP. This is without any negotiation.

I fully expect the Civic will also begin this same trajectory once supply to the dealer improves. I will be making a decision between a new Accord and a new Civic in the Spring and am expecting 2K below MSRP on a Civic Touring (as a starting point) by that time period.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a touring today for $1300 under MSRP. If you happen to be in an area where there are at least a couple dealers with the config you want, you will be able to bargain.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been watching Civic sales (and other compacts) since 2011. It seems Civics sell very well throughout the year regardless of MY. It seems Honda sells all of the Civics they make, so I think the bloom will be off the rose rather quickly. If none of the dealers near you won't deal now, they should be after the new year. I think the best thing is to shop around and don't just rely on the one dealer near you. Go out 50 or 60 miles and get quotes. Nearly all of them have an internet sales person. Don't be afraid of a dealer swap to get the car you want and don't take one off the lot if it's not exactly what you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great price!

I just bought a touring today for $1300 under MSRP. If you happen to be in an area where there are at least a couple dealers with the config you want, you will be able to bargain.
Wow! Congrats! What area are you in? The best price that I would be able to get right now on a Touring is MSRP! Some dealers in my area are 'up-pricing' on this model by $800! Because they know people will pay it just to be first to get the car :surprise:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow! Congrats! What area are you in? The best price that I would be able to get right now on a Touring is MSRP! Some dealers in my area are 'up-pricing' on this model by $800! Because they know people will pay it just to be first to get the car :surprise:
I am in north Jersey. There are a lot of new civics in the area, 3 within 30 miles in the exact trim and color I wanted.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I actually have 6-7 Honda dealerships near me I can drive to but we'll have to see what each are offering when the coupe is out.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Those in a big metropolitan area should have no problem with this.

What will help is doing your research to find dealers that put a serious focus on the customer experience since they'll be more likely to give you a better price and experience from the start, all of course to get you on as a long term repeat customer.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't think prices will stay that high for long. Especially once the Christmas season is over. There is a lull once January hits, and I bet any premiums will disappear by then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just under MSRP

I just got back from a dealer in the Seattle location. I am having a problem finding dealers with the Touring model on the lot. I test drove the EX in a different Seattle dealer on Sunday - they didn't have any Touring models and said he would call me in a few days when they got them in. I checked around and found a different dealer with two Touring models (black and lunar grey). I want the Modern Metallic Grey, and they found one at a local lot and will do a dealer trade for the Metallic Grey. I'm a tough negotiator and the best I could get was $170 under MSRP. (They "threw in" their PermaPlate exterior/interior protection (already on the car), Investment package with lifetime maintenance (basically free oil changes for 7 years), door edge guards, wheel moldings, and nitrogen tire safety ($1299)). We ended up about $1125 apart and I walked. Now I'm seeing that just under MSRP is reasonable...just have to decide whether to buy it now or wait until January to negotiate a lower price.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be back Friday morning with a cashier's check and trade in my 2011 Mini Cooper...that Touring is a SWEET ride. ;)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Black Friday is a bizarre American event. Buying a car sounds more normal than camping out to get a free tv while you trample an old lady. Can't wait to see the videos. They are always entertaining to watch from up here in Canada.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update

I've been doing the internet searches and calls in the Seattle area for deals on the Touring. I was able to find the TrueCar internet price of $26,490, which two dealers have said they would honor. I also checked Costco's car program which elicited one dealer for me in the greater Seattle area. I called and they will offer $25,918 which is a pretty good deal IMHO. I will head there tomorrow and see if I can get the amount I want for my 2011 Mini Cooper. It seems like many dealers in the greater Seattle area just have 1 or 2 Tourings in stock, but many dealers have a couple that are inbound. The place that I am going to tomorrow has a couple inbound on 12/14, but not in my color, but they say they will do a dealer swap so that they can get one with my color choices. We will see! I will update to this thread when I purchase!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been doing the internet searches and calls in the Seattle area for deals on the Touring. I was able to find the TrueCar internet price of $26,490, which two dealers have said they would honor. I also checked Costco's car program which elicited one dealer for me in the greater Seattle area. I called and they will offer $25,918 which is a pretty good deal IMHO. I will head there tomorrow and see if I can get the amount I want for my 2011 Mini Cooper. It seems like many dealers in the greater Seattle area just have 1 or 2 Tourings in stock, but many dealers have a couple that are inbound. The place that I am going to tomorrow has a couple inbound on 12/14, but not in my color, but they say they will do a dealer swap so that they can get one with my color choices. We will see! I will update to this thread when I purchase!
Be prepared to be disappointed in what they will offer you for your trade.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts