10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Civic always attracts a TON of first time car buyers, the 10th will be no different.

Who's got tips and tricks?

Good place to start is this CR article http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/12/auto-pricing-terms/index.htm

The most effective way to negotiate a new car’s price is to find out what others in your market have paid for the same vehicle. You can gather information from a variety of sources and put it together yourself, starting with the dealer’s cost and bargaining up from there. To figure out the true dealer cost on your own, you have to piece together the various elements of the auto-pricing puzzle.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think a good start is to find a few dealers close to you and call or email them for a price quote. Take the lowest price given and see if any other dealership is willing to beat it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I usually target 1% over dealer invoice. This gives them some profit in addition to their unit bonuses. However, I would never buy a first year production of any make, so having to be the "first on your block" may be more expensive. I've had good luck following the advice on this site.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/

Reactions: Nessuno

·
Registered
77 Posts
I usually target 1% over dealer invoice. This gives them some profit in addition to their unit bonuses. However, I would never buy a first year production of any make, so having to be the "first on your block" may be more expensive. I've had good luck following the advice on this site.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/
My problem is not that I want to "be the first on my block." It's that I need a car NOW. So I guess I will have to pay a higher price than I would get if I could wait a few months.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wait a few months or pay a premium.

Email surrounding dealers, look for best price. Or go through a fleet dealer program. Most banks have one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait a few months or pay a premium.

Email surrounding dealers, look for best price. Or go through a fleet dealer program. Most banks have one.
wouldn't you need to purchase in bulk then? who's in for a 10thcivicforum Civic group buy LOL ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is in order process, honda didn't make the LX manual with black cloth seats yet. I agreed to pay $19000.00 for it. I put 500 deposit on it. Anyone think that's too much? I can always back out and collect my deposit. I've in pa near philly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to the first dealer to tell me they had the model I wanted(they lied by the way) test drove a manual LX and put a deposit. Talked to other dealers and got them to email me price quotes. Took the lowest email back to dealer I put a deposit on, then matched it. I had to order the car I wanted. It's hasn't been made yet. It's the modern steel LX manual with black interior. Should have the car by mid april

1 - 11 of 11 Posts