10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Id been lurking for a while but as some of you know, my fake spec sheets ended up appearing and i felt it was then necessary to make an account and set the record straight. I'm a graphic designer in Columbus, Ohio. I currently drive a 2014 Civic Coupe LX, and i'm already saving my pennies to get my hands on a new civic coupe EX or above when my lease is up on my current car.

Hello all! :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Why hello. Glad that you have joined up. You indirectly caused quite a stir.

Given that you made that spec sheet, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts and predictions about what we can predict with the next-gen Civic.

See you around.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Anyone who took it seriously has bad judgement, even just quickly skimming or even glancing at it, the document seems questionable, spelling errors reveal how unofficial it is :D

HOWEVER, it was great to see all that we need to know all in one document, easy to digest and skim through. Beats spending hours going through the forum.

Thanks!

Glad you joined.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why hello. Glad that you have joined up. You indirectly caused quite a stir.

Given that you made that spec sheet, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts and predictions about what we can predict with the next-gen Civic.

See you around.
Well read over the spec sheets, i based them off of what i expect/guessed/or hope will be the specs for the civics across the board.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well read over the spec sheets, i based them off of what i expect/guessed/or hope will be the specs for the civics across the board.
Yeah they include everything you need to know, the details is left up for discussion on the forums. Spec sheets are spec sheets, they don't go into great detail, just all the surface stuff.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Glad to have you here. If you spent the time to write that spec sheet then I'm sure you will be a great addition to the forum.

Can't wait to hear more of you r speculation.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to have you here. If you spent the time to write that spec sheet then I'm sure you will be a great addition to the forum.

Can't wait to hear more of you r speculation.
Haha thanks. I've been pretty active so far. Especially anything concerning the new turbo engines.

I actually work in advertising and marketing so i like to think i bring an interesting perspective to some of the rumors and guesses based on hondas advertising and marketing of this car so far, and A&M in general.

My replies can be a bit long winded, but, i like to make sure i get my point across. lol.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Haha thanks. I've been pretty active so far. Especially anything concerning the new turbo engines.

I actually work in advertising and marketing so i like to think i bring an interesting perspective to some of the rumors and guesses based on hondas advertising and marketing of this car so far, and A&M in general.

My replies can be a bit long winded, but, i like to make sure i get my point across. lol.
Oh legit, me too, no wonder we keep finding the same wavelength >:)

·
Registered
441 Posts

You sound like you will have plenty of interesting things to say. Can't wait till there is some new news to hear your opinions on. I guess we will just have to wait for the next big auto show.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You sound like you will have plenty of interesting things to say. Can't wait till there is some new news to hear your opinions on. I guess we will just have to wait for the next big auto show.
Thanks very much! I'd like to believe what i say is interesting, relevant and well informed opinions. I am super excited to keep learning more about the car in the coming months. Obviously the engines are a sticking point for me, if honda drops the ball after all this "most sporty centered civic ever" with a 5hp upgrade over the 1.8 i'll be more than a little upset.

I'm also extremely excited for info on the interior to start coming to light.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

It sure does help to have that point of view as it brings to discussion things others wouldn't have otherwise thought of with the current and future state of things.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
x2.

Honda, if you're listening, please NO two-tier dashboard!
I personally always liked the two tier dash back when i got my 07 coupe i loved it. I don't like the 9th gen design for it as well though. And at this point i'm ready for something different after having 4 civics with the 2 tier dash. And now with the imid and touch screen available its just too much.

I've mentioned before, i'd like to see a digital 3D gauge cluster like the CRZ or S660 has. Ditch the iMid and just make the touchscreen a standard feature on the civics like it is the HRV. I think some of the standard features seen on the HRV will be a good indication of what to expect on the civic.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Fortunately the two tier dash has potential to look really good, it's all just a matter of how it changes with their change in design language. I'd like to see it get more curvy and not be so boxy.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think that its true that the HRV can be a good gauge of what to expect in the Civic.

Is this the gauge cluster that you are speaking of on the CR-Z?

I kinda agree that the two tier dash with the centre touch screen is too much. It should be possible to simplify that and make it look cleaner.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that its true that the HRV can be a good gauge of what to expect in the Civic.

Is this the gauge cluster that you are speaking of on the CR-Z?

I kinda agree that the two tier dash with the centre touch screen is too much. It should be possible to simplify that and make it look cleaner.

Yes, that's the gauge cluster i was talking about, that and the one in the new S660 which is similar without the pronounced center bin. I test drove a CRZ and the gauge cluster was awesome to look at, the numbers are really 3D and follow you if you lean back and forth. Very cool and i think slightly more tasteful than the two tier gauges, tho i agree, there has to be a way to work the 2 tier to make it look better. But i am all for getting rid of the iMid, with the touch screen its no longer necessary.

My main thinking behind them getting rid of the 2 tier is that without the huge sloped windscreen the dash isn't going to be as deep (like a **** coffee table) so there would be alot less space for the two tier setup.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would actually like to see a flat bottom steering wheel offered, maybe make it a coupe and Si exclusive feature, to add to the sporty feel. And if they do a sport or SE sedan they could put it into that as well.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would actually like to see a flat bottom steering wheel offered, maybe make it a coupe and Si exclusive feature, to add to the sporty feel. And if they do a sport or SE sedan they could put it into that as well.
It's about time they step to that level if it's in the plan, Ford is already doing it to their new Focus RS, Honda doing the same would complement their overall efforts. Plus no better time to do this than now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts