10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! The smell was strong and I loved loved loved it. I love the smell of real genuine leather. Just curious if this smell lasts? Does it overpower the new color smell?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Never really thought about this. Maybe you can keep the new car smell by taking care of the leather with leather cleaner/moisturizer?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't think that the smell will last forever and it will probably just combine with the new car smell instead of overpowering it. I'm not the biggest fan of that leather smell though. Just smells like chemicals to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A product called Leatherique

http://www.leatherique.com

does wonders to maintain that leather smell. It's very different from other leather cleaners and preservatives I've tried.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure what the smell is in my car, but it doesn't smell like leather to me. The nicest interior in terms of leather smell for me was the Tesla Model S I test drove last year. It had the Nappa leather seats and premium package that added alcantara headliner and Nappa leather on the doors and armrest. That was a nice smelling interior, smelled like one of those really expensive handbags or something.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Chemical Guys also have some interior scents that might interest you. Best to go somewhere you can check out all the scents they have to match one closest to what you smelled in the Civic. Nothing better than maintaining a smell close to what you first smelled.

From experience, leather interior cars tend to keep the new smell around longer than full cloth interiors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
awesome thanks. Not getting a Civic for a while so keep my updated on how well it works. How often do you apply? Did you apply it right away?
I've used it as a preservative, restorer on a few cars. Trying to keep the leather supple so it would not wrinkle or crack. And to keep the smell.

The bottle's contents actually smell like leather. PETA would not approve.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Those are a good solution but I find they don't last long. Plus with a liquid version you can apply some of it to the carpets which can help the smell to linger around much longer and have one more area for it to be on.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not sure if this makes me an outlier, but I would just use Febreeze and keep the bottle in the glove compartment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts