10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
That actually does look really good. I think that giving the rear end that shape takes it away from the wagon styling that people don't really like. The thing is, people would then want the ride height raised a bit, and at that point it becomes a SUV. That's why we don't get wagons.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If Only.

I am a big fan of Skates and the long unbroken roof lines. Can;t wait for some hatchback pictures of the new Civic to come out.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Once someone calls something a wagon I'm instantly biased towards it. Just makes me think of the old station wagons and no matter how sleek it may look I'll never be able to stop comparing it to this monstrosity...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
That actually doesn't look bad... definitely better than the current civic wagon/tourer the UK showed off recently. I could see my dad liking something like this, or even my mom who has always had vans and hatches in the past.

The back end tail light shape has a certain Cadillac look to it... kinda CTS wagon-esque. (which my father was in love with when they offered it)

edit* on a side note... don't back up into anyone... you'd impale them on your tail lights... haha.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It won't happen at all, it will be smart for them to keep the Si to the Coupe and Sedan, like they have done in the not so distant past. The wagon could benefit from a different sort of premium.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Once someone calls something a wagon I'm instantly biased towards it. Just makes me think of the old station wagons and no matter how sleek it may look I'll never be able to stop comparing it to this monstrosity...
i had a friend that drove one of those beasts. yes a beast. i think he never got it out of compound after a dui where he fell asleep at the wheel at an intersection. lol.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Say honda goes through with making this happen, what are the chances we'll see Acura come out with their own version of it? Does it make sense for Acura to do that? .....Acura Panamera?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Say honda goes through with making this happen, what are the chances we'll see Acura come out with their own version of it? Does it make sense for Acura to do that? .....Acura Panamera?
Well, since acura doesn't offer a small coupe like the RSX anymore or an ILX coupe (stupids...) they might benefit from an ILX hatch/wagon with Si like performance. Just not sure if a hatch is what Acura really needs in it's lineup right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts