10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my 2017 Touring model. I considered the Accord Touring but it was just too much for car little old me. I like the feel and size of the Civic better. So I have one little issue.... when I get an incoming call thru the Apple car play the volume of the ring sounds like a fire truck blowing it's horn in the back seat. I literally jump in my seat. Does anyone know how to adjust that?? I've looked in the manual and even tested it with my iPhone on silence and with volume on low but it still rings like a tornado warning when a call comes in. Thank you in advance for any guidance provided. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't take my word for it 100%, but it seems to me that there are several different volume presets the car's software uses in different applications (Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc.) that can be changed by the driver's volume rocker switch on the steering while DURING the actual ringing itself. I fixed the issue by calling my phone while it was connected to each SOURCE and adjusting the volume of the ring that way. The reason Im not 100% sure if this is the correct way to adjust these presets is because I'm noticing that the "fix" doesn't always remain day-to-day, but perhaps that's just me.

I drive a 2017 Civic Hatchback EX 1.5L Turbo CVT purchased in Jan. 2017.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts