10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Go over to piloteers website (honda pilot forum) they have made some headway and have got apps to download but no functionality, that was a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Hack

Works great on my 2016. A Hondata FlashPro is next for my Si

xda-developers.com/enable-developer-mode-and-root-the-2017-honda-civic-android-auto-unit

·
Registered
5 Posts
it there any one knows that if it is possible to hack the 2016 civic android system and install a map apk onto the infotainment system. since the system comes with a gps location receiver, it supposed to use when i was in an emergency situation, so i think it would work if some one can hack into the system and make use of the hardware.

thanks in advanced
Google that file name and you'll find more info. It definitely works on the 9th civic but I could swear the XDA thread said 10th gen. They do mention checking allow unknown sources which is something that doesn't appear in our settings. I'm a programmer and the guy who first hacked the Pioneer AppRadio. I just can't think of any entrance point to get into this thing.

Here are some awesome links. Looks like the 2015s have no problem: Honda Connect Android System

Edit: There may be hope!

k3v1nc:
(2016 USA Honda Civic w/Display Audio / Mitsubishi Electric / Android 4.2.2)
I was able to get the Install option to light up, by doing the following:
Downloaded Aha APK from here: https: //apkpure.com/aha/com.aha.android.app?hl=en
Renamed it to com.aha.android.app.apk
Copied it to USB, inserted flash drive into USB below radio (not in armrest).
I did not tap install because I didn't know how long it might take, and I needed to get back to work. I might try later.
I also tried renaming another APK (Google Maps) file name to com.aha.android.app.apk and doing so did not light up the Install option. So for this model, the Whitelist app/service is definitely using the internal package name and not the file name to validate.
I am wondering if there is a whitelisted package name that is not in use so I can install a modified APK.

Or if there is some way to uninstall Aha and use that because I really don't care about Aha at all.
I just installed honda hack after rooting it. Watch this guy. I am pasting link here. He explained step by step. Its very easy. I don't recommend watching videos while driving but you can install apps, watch youtube or netflix and other cool apps. I just did it today. Its like a smart tv now. But remember the guy who has hacked it and created honda hack, to get authorisation the system charges 10$ for basic package which does most of stuff installing apps and watching vids etc. Pro version gives way more features. Link is below. Be safe guys.
Note: don't watch videos while driving, think of your loved ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sure no car maker wants to enable customers to do this or just about any brand that offers technology like it, much like smartphone companies. But just like how people were able to Jailbreak their iPhones, eventually we might see something similar happen to cars like this. Just a matter of someone actually making it available.

I just installed honda hack after rooting it. Watch this guy. I am pasting link here. He explained step by step. Its very easy. I don't recommend watching videos while driving but you can install apps, watch youtube or netflix and other cool apps. I just did it today. Its like a smart tv now. But remember the guy who has hacked it and created honda hack, to get authorisation the system charges 10$ for basic package which does most of stuff installing apps and watching vids etc. Pro version gives way more features. Link is below. Be safe guys.
Note: don't watch videos while driving, think of your loved ones.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts