10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
overpriced on that site. i have an Injen CAI on my 2008 civic and 8 years later its still doing well. this time around for the ex-t im getting i will probably go with the mitsumoto intake.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
overpriced on that site. i have an Injen CAI on my 2008 civic and 8 years later its still doing well. this time around for the ex-t im getting i will probably go with the mitsumoto intake.
I have an EX-T coupe I know you said your getting one you wont be sorry!
Quick question looks pretty easy to install any computer issues? and or MAF sensor issues
thanks any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quick question looks pretty easy to install any computer issues? and or MAF sensor issues
They've seemed to have addressed that already. In the description here it says :
Injen steps down the diameter of the intake tube where the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor mounts, enabling the sensor to detect airflow within established parameters.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the cold air intake installed on mine, and it's pretty easy (I think) and I'm a novice.

It mentions on the instructions that you have to take the bumper off, but you don't have to. You just need to jack the car up and go from below to remove the resonator box to install the cold air intake piping. All in all, it took me about an hour and a half to install. If you go for the short ram option, it takes about 20-30 mins (for me).

·
Registered
41 Posts
After a dyno test.....I just did resell the cold air intake........its 100% BS and SCAM~!!!

Just a differential sound...nothing more than that....

·
Registered
922 Posts
After a dyno test.....I just did resell the cold air intake........its 100% BS and SCAM~!!!

Just a differential sound...nothing more than that....
Was that a dyno test after you tuned the car for the intake ? What else are you running ? Intakes work great once paired with other components like headers, etc. BUT to reap any real benefits, the car needs to be tuned for the modifications made otherwise it's pointless

·
Registered
6 Posts
4K miles with the full CAI and no issues. Started running premium gas because it Burns hotter and kicks in the turbo slightly faster. Average mpg 28-30 mpg but my foot doesn't help. Longer trips I have seen upwards of 42-46 mpg but was driving like a granny and Not over 65mph.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm always typically fond of running premium in any turbo application whether it's oem turbo or aftermarket. But that's some pretty darn good mileage there man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts