10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The latest batch of Civic X spy photos are making the rounds, offering more speculative fuel to the fire.

Pictures from the rear show dual and single exhaust set ups, likely dependent on trim, potentially differing based on engine choice. The latest round of spy shots also offer us a glimpse at the 10th Civics choice of rolling rubber. One car features 215/50R17 Firstone FT140's the other, 215/55R16 Hancool Kinergy GT. Also notable externally is Honda's Lanewatch system. See the camera housed in the passenger side mirror?

Interior wise its already known the Civic will move away from the double deck dash of the 8th and 9th genes. The car photographed showed off Carbon Fibre and Leather clad trimmings. The rear seats will be available heated as well.

New LED's seem to ape the facelifted Accord, they were spotted on the sedan featuring leather and heated rear seats. Expect the top trim Civic to be a luxurious affair. Head over to Autoguide for the full gallery.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Very nice. Those seats look good. I like the stripe down the middle of carbon fiber. I see white thread too, so contrast stitching.

I figured the exhaust setups would be different. Dual for the turbo and single for the N/A engine. I wonder if the EXL will be top model or if they'll introduce a touring model like the accord (which is the only accord model that has the full LED headlights). The nice thing is, the headlight housings will fit any trim, so it'd probably be pretty easy to install full LED headlights afterwards, just buy the honda parts.

Still excited to see the gauge cluster and of course find out what kind of suspension, handling and engine figures these are going to make. The closer we get to reveal i'm sure more and more spy pics will leak.

Looks like it won't be getting the touch based HVAC from the HRV as i see physical knobs even in this upper trim model. I'm loving all the alloy wheel designs, better than the ones we saw previously. I see one that has steelies tho and no fog lights, which i guess means the LX is retaining its hub caps. I just wonder if they go with an accord-esque trim scheme if the coupe will start out at LXS instead of LX.

Some of the best pictures yet. If i decide to buy this model instead of lease i will definitely consider buying and installing the full LED headlights myself, they look pretty crisp. Can't wait to see more of the coupe testing.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I also looked up some reviews of the tires. Both are rated as GT tires usually used on luxury sport sedans. More comfort oriented but with a sporty amount of grip and good lifespan. Usually the coupes have different tires than the sedans (both 8th and 9th gen did) so guessing they'll pick something slightly less comfort oriented for the coupe that offers more grip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That first shot is absolutely gorgeous! They knocked it out of the park. I'm going to be one of those people lined up overnight at the dealership. Just two more months of waiting!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hope we get more shots of the coupe soon too. I will definitely be going in to check out the sedans just to get a feel for the engines and the interior even though i'm waiting for the coupe. Shaping up to be a gorgeous car. And if honda sticks to their word it'll drive and perform as good as it looks.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That first shot is absolutely gorgeous! They knocked it out of the park. I'm going to be one of those people lined up overnight at the dealership. Just two more months of waiting!
I agree.

What they did to the front fender and rear 1/4 panel served the overall design VERY well and helps to make for what just might be the most attractive sedan in its segment...so far that's what I can make of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far so good! Looking really refined but it's all about the coupe for me. The coupe is the halo car and I believe the base variant will incorporate a lot of the higher trim details.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
So far so good! Looking really refined but it's all about the coupe for me. The coupe is the halo car and I believe the base variant will incorporate a lot of the higher trim details.
I've speculated for some time now that the civic is going to adopt the accord trim levels. Which would mean the coupe would have alloys across the board and start with an LXS trim level so it'll be less base and more EX lite. Bigger wheels, no sunroof, no subwoofer and probably no 7 inch touch screen. As where the base LX sedan will have hubcaps and a 4 speaker stereo instead of the 6 speaker in the base coupe. We shall see in the next month or two. I'm holding out for the coupe as well.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Really like the seats that we see here. I assume there will be a black option, and maybe one more as well.
Honda has always been dinged for their monochromatic interiors... it would be nice to see contrast stitching and little accents (like the stripe in the pics) as well as offering something other than the basic black, gray, tan. Adding in stitching and little accents make those colors alot less bland. I hate their tan though, so i hope the coupe that comes in white has black or gray/silver interior like the current car.

·
Registered
876 Posts
One thing I can't get over is how much of a good upgrade we got with the headlights, for too long we've been stuck with basic headlight assemblies that weren't much different from what we got over a decade ago.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
One thing I can't get over is how much of a good upgrade we got with the headlights, for too long we've been stuck with basic headlight assemblies that weren't much different from what we got over a decade ago.
Agreed, was always wondering when honda was going to finally at least give us projector headlights given that most of the segment has them now. And then after the corolla offered LED headlights standard across the board and i started to lose faith in honda.

Best part will be is if you buy a lower trim the LED headlights should fit any model so it'd be a pretty easy aftermarket upgrade to do. I definitely plan on doing that if i get an EX and it only has the projectors. (mostly because i hate the contrast of the LED DRL lights with the less white halogens, i like the lights to all match in color.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've speculated for some time now that the civic is going to adopt the accord trim levels. Which would mean the coupe would have alloys across the board and start with an LXS trim level so it'll be less base and more EX lite. Bigger wheels, no sunroof, no subwoofer and probably no 7 inch touch screen. As where the base LX sedan will have hubcaps and a 4 speaker stereo instead of the 6 speaker in the base coupe. We shall see in the next month or two. I'm holding out for the coupe as well.
I think thats logical as well. Thw two are platform mates, it only makes sense for honda to group them in content 'buckets' if you will... Interesting to see if CR-V eventually migrates as well...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think thats logical as well. Thw two are platform mates, it only makes sense for honda to group them in content 'buckets' if you will... Interesting to see if CR-V eventually migrates as well...
Well if they do go that route it'll be interesting to see what features they might add to the "touring trim" for the sedan if they take it that far. I think it'd be good business sense and i'd love if the coupe started at an LXS trim with alloys like the accord coupe does. Save the lowest cheapest LX for the volume sedan and add the SE or Sport model to the Sedan lineup to offer coupe handling with the sedan practicality. Though i wonder if the full LED headlights will be an EXL and up feature, probably not EX and above... and the Si might come standard with them, or perhaps honda will go a different route and offer them as an accessory on any trim for extra cost. Either way i plan on swapping the LED housings into the EX or Si i get if they don't already have them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Agreed, was always wondering when honda was going to finally at least give us projector headlights given that most of the segment has them now. And then after the corolla offered LED headlights standard across the board and i started to lose faith in honda.

Best part will be is if you buy a lower trim the LED headlights should fit any model so it'd be a pretty easy aftermarket upgrade to do. I definitely plan on doing that if i get an EX and it only has the projectors. (mostly because i hate the contrast of the LED DRL lights with the less white halogens, i like the lights to all match in color.
Although it was lower down on my list of priorities, having those incremental upgrades was wanted and retrofitting projectors would have involved more than I wanted to, cost and time.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Although it was lower down on my list of priorities, having those incremental upgrades was wanted and retrofitting projectors would have involved more than I wanted to, cost and time.
Yep, never did anything with the headlights on my other civics, though i know they make aftermarket housings with projectors, still a bit of a pain. The swap from these projectors to the LED housings should be as easy as swapping out the housings and reconnecting the appropriate wires as long as the LED housings don't require special connections or adaptors to do so.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I was hoping to see a more comfortable design for the middle seat as it is the number 1 complaint of any passenger in my car. Hopefully the feel of it will differ from the provided pictures once it's out in dealerships for testing.

As for switching out your headlights to LEDs, most small garages will do it for you for a small fee (or free if you know the owner) if it requires more effort than a simple swap. Stock headlights are fine but I find that LED works better at night when you don't want to high beam a stretch of dark road in case I blind someone.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts