10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed matching body side moldings on the doors. Saved about $90 over having the dealer do it.

It's an easy installation -- I did it last year on our CR-V.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was going to install the side molding as one of the accessories on my Touring, but the one I found in the color that I wanted, Cosmic Blue, already had them installed by the dealer. I did, however, add the lower door trim myself and I think it looks really nice

I installed lots of the other accessories myself, too. It's nothing to hard to do if you're a bit handy and have the tools and the time. The accessories no longer come with installation instructions, but plenty of the accessories dealers on the web have them available so that you can review them ahead of time and decide whether or not you think that you can handle it on your own.

I bought my accessories at http://accessories-honda.com. They are a dealership out of Ohio and had the best prices that I could find. It took just over a week to get all of the stuff that I ordered and it all came in just as expected, so I would recommend them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Anyone here planning to wrap their doors in clear film instead?

Dents on doors can be easy to pop out and with the film on the door, you don't have to worry about condition of the paint.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah no doubt, it doesn't look that bad but on white, it will stand out a bit more since the gaps just about everywhere will be black, greater contrast. Darker colors like grey, red, blue, etc helps it to blend in.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
How much was the side molding?
I just googled the side molding and it actually looks fine from a distance too. If you get it from Honda parts superstore, it's $152.10 for a set. Not too bad for dent protection but the price doesn't include tax and shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts