10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Is anyone getting discounts in Canada ?

50K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  Zoolou 
#1 ·
The best I am being offered now is 300$ off snow tires on a touring model. I would like at lease 500$ off the msrp. Did anyone manage to discount the MRSP ?

#2 ·
The best I am being offered now is 300$ off snow tires on a touring model. I would like at lease 500$ off the msrp. Did anyone manage to discount the MRSP ?
I was able to get much more than this on a pre-order without purchasing anything extra (eg. tires, accessories).

You just need to negotiate; Be likable, let them know you are genuinely considering other options, be prepared to walk.

#5 ·
Yea, honda isn't very flexible unless they're really really trying to get rid of cars (2015 civics for instance). I've walked out of multiple dealerships over a $30 difference in pricing and they never called back begging me for my business.

In my experience bidding wars between dealerships is the best option when dealing with honda.

#8 ·
500$ off MSRP is doable, maybe just not now.
Also work on accessories, those which doesn't require a lot of installation times, like free floor mates, step plates.
It's crazy how much they ask for mud guards and engine heater and they actually cost very little.

I prefer to talk with younger sellers, I could get a better "connection" with them.
A sale with profit is always better than nothing. But you have to show you're serious and don't play with too much between dealers.
And once again, just a week after it initial launch, it's not a good time to deal :p

#16 ·
Canadian MSRP & Invoice:

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr CVT LX
Base MSRP: $20,190.00
Base Invoice: $18,878.00

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Man LX
Base MSRP: $18,890.00
Base Invoice: $17,662.00

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr CVT EX-T
Base MSRP: $24,990.00
Base Invoice: $23,366.00

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr CVT Touring
Base MSRP: $26,990.00
Base Invoice: $25,236.00

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr CVT LX w/Honda Sensing
Base MSRP: $21,190.00
Base Invoice: $19,813.00

2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr CVT EX w/Honda Sensing
Base MSRP: $23,590.00
Bae Invoice: $22,057.00

2015 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Auto LX
Base MSRP: $19,850.00
Base Invoice: $18,560.00

liang got a great price, (Base MSRP: $26,990.00 - Base Invoice: $25,236.00) = $1,754.00 - $1,500.00 discount = $254.00 dealer gross profits, but the dealer is also making profits from the $399.00 (Anti Theft Protection) and $490.00 (PDI) plus other hold-backs (volume etc) from Honda Canada. Thanks for posting your invoice, liang!

Here is BC, you can easily get discounts of:

-$800.00 off LX with Sensing (+/- $24,800.00 OTD including all fees/all taxes delivered)
-$915.00 off EX with Sensing (+/- $27,400.00 OTD including all fees/all taxes delivered)
-$1,100.00 off Touring (+/- $31,055.00 OTD including all fees/all taxes delivered))

Its very simple, there are unlimited supply of Civics from Honda Canada (just a matter of time) and always prepare to wait for factory order and be ready to walk. There are always some dealers wanting to sell you @ MSRP, just politely tell them "NO" and just walk. Using a no haggle broker will save you at least $400.00 - $500.00 straight off MSRP, use that as a guide and get at least another $300.00 - $500.00 (depending on model) from the dealers, cause dealers always beat brokers by a little bit.

In greater Vancouver, there are at least 15 Honda dealers, some will deal and some won't, just prepare yourself and ready to walk and don't let them BS you, everything is demand and supply and always focus on the out-the-door price, they can put whatever fees they like (e.g doc fees etc) but you should only be interested in the out-the-door or "delivered" price. Don't feel bad for the dealers cause even with the discount of $800.00 off MSRP for the LX with Sensing, the dealer is still making at least $600.00+, plus few hundreds from PDI as well as hold-backs (volume etc) from Honda Canada.

#18 ·
Got my Touring at full list with about $500 worth of extras thrown in.

We Canadians are getting a good 25% discount vs our USA friends. We really can't complain when we get a 2016 Civic Touring for well under US$20,000 !!!

#21 ·
I took my car to the local tire store, sold the Firestones on the car to them for 75 bucks each, and got Mastercraft all seasons (made by cooper). They've done an excellent job in snow and rain so far. No regrets.
I paid out of pocket 275.00

#44 ·
got a touring in september.
took the 299 tire repair and lock wheel nuts program- road hazard they called it. she wanted it i didnt but hey .....
got the high end floor mats for winter, made of rubber / black
got one oil change
got paint pen

31k all in tax included

#28 ·
That Looks awesome. I've always wanted a white coupe again, When I bought my 2006 Honda Civic Coupe, they didn't have the white color for the first year, so I went with red, I still like the white, but 3 of my family member has white color cars lol.

I'm stilling waiting for mine to come in, in Alberta, I ordered an Energy Green Touring. Havn't talked about the price yet since I ordered it before the prices were released. But I will you let you all know once the deal goes through. :)

#29 ·
Just got an LX CVT in Alberta w/ floor mats, and block heater for 22 285 all in, for a discount of about 1300 from MSRP. Although they also did a trade in for my junky Mazda 3 for 2 k separately, which may have factored into the price they gave me - although that was fair too as far as I can tell.

#31 ·
Im in Edmonton Alberta as well. Still waiting for it to come in (They have a Blue one, but I wanted the Green). Funny thing is, they said Go Auto Honda has one that came in, I looked online, they have two Touring Coupes, one Grey, one Green. The Grey one listed at $27,000, the Green one they listed at $32,000 lol. The Coupe is still fairly new here, I havn't seen one on the road yet at all. I doubt I'll get any discounts, and I'm not paying more then the MSRP.

#32 ·
in quebec canada i paid the same price shown on the internet price(no discount at all ) ,i deal foglight and tinted glass thats it, paid, 3.99% interest all the dealers i had visit were so not negociable so when when they says you got great value when you sell your car back i think you paid a lot for it ,with a small waranty they should look at kia and hyundai for this , but i love my lx coupe a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.