10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Anyone know if

(1) New Civics come with any level of factory tint by default ?

(2) Are you able to order a factory tint on the car or only through dealer aftermarket ?

Much thanks to all in advance

R

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Windows are all that "solar glass" type they say is tinted, but it is not really so if you see that it is just normal glass designed to reflect heat. Might be super minimal tint to it but not what you are thinking. There is no option for factory tint. If you want tint then ask the dealer at purchase and they can work it into your price and have you car tinted by their local shop/guy they use. Then it can be financed with the rest of your car. I get every vehicle I get tinted, even though I lease. I also pay out of my own pocket as I know the quality of the tint and can choose exactly what I want (illegal dark 20% all around) so I just pay my own guy.

Last Honda I got (HR-V) the rear windows were tinted from the factory (interesting fact on factory tinted windows; they're really dyed from factory, so no heat rejection properties at all) and I hat them tinted lightly and the front two tinted darker to match so they all the same from inside and out. Looks great! Much, much cooler in the summer too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts