10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Decided to take out the resonator today to see if I can get a little extra growl. Now it seems like there's a huge loss in power and doesn't even feel like my car has turbo.

In addition, my check engine light, traction control, brake assist and a bunch of other lights came on when I started my car.

Unfortunately, the resonator is a b**** to put back in so now I just have the stock airbox mounted and I have no idea what to do, other than take it to the shop/dealer but I feel like I'd be charged out the ass because it seems like a lot of work and hassle...

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is, essentially it's the same kinda scenario if I had installed a CAI because you'd have to take out the airbox and resonator and install a new intake. So this change in airflow would theoretically throw these lights too. Has anyone installed a CAI and had this happen?

Your help is much appreciated. Now I'm sh**ing myself...

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
MAF sensor in correctly?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
ouch..............i would put that back on or just swap with an intake asap.....or just bring itback to the dealer and pay for the repair.....or just rip apart the front of the car to see clearly what you need to do to put it back on....sorry to here that story........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ouch..............i would put that back on or just swap with an intake asap.....or just bring itback to the dealer and pay for the repair.....or just rip apart the front of the car to see clearly what you need to do to put it back on....sorry to here that story........
Yeah at this point, I'm thinking I gotta remove the bumper to put the resonator back in since it'll be easier to access. And then if it still throws the lights, I'll bring it to dealer and hope they'll just fix/clear the codes and won't charge me anything if everything is back to stock...ugh what a headache this became

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
That's just strange though.I have a Mishimoto intake and it completely bypasses the resonator and Ive had zero problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's just strange though.I have a Mishimoto intake and it completely bypasses the resonator and Ive had zero problems.
yeah exactly. i have no idea why it's doing that. it's essentially installing a CAI, because it requires the removal of the resonator too. i cant figure it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Another thing that happened was initially I started the car with no airbox and MAF wasn't connected. Could that have thrown everything out of whack so that even the couple times afterwards, it's just warning me that everything is out of whack? You think disconnecting the battery would work? Just worried I don't have the radio code afterwards when everything gets wiped

EDIT: disconnected the battery and everything is fine now. power is back. boost is back. BOV is more noticeable. i guess that was the issue. my friend didnt tell me the MAF sensor wasnt connected when i started the car. until afterwards. PHEW!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Cool^^^^

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shame on your friend....lol
haha i guess we were too excited with getting the hids installed for the fogs, and we wanted to tinker around with other parts of the car and didnt pay attention lol gotta take our time next time...but definitely a massive learning experience. just gotta get messy and make mistakes! lol

any difference in sound?
there's more of a growl i'd say. i sort of feel a bit more low end power, but it could be a placebo effect. theres definitely a more noticeable sound coming from the BOV so i guess i don't need to buy a new one! lol but I'm sure if i got an actual intake, it'd be even more noticeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts