10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I placed an order yesterday with the dealership.

I ordered a Civic EX sedan, metallic grey with black interior. I added the Honda Sensing, mostly because this car will be going to my kid in about 4 years.

I'm looking forward to playing with Android Auto. Sounds nifty. I test drove a 2016 Accord EX-L that was equipped with Sensing. Pretty cool stuff.

Delivery isn't specific, but they told me end of November. I'm hoping for before Xmas at least.

·
Registered
959 Posts
New guy here. I placed an order yesterday with the dealership.

I ordered a Civic EX sedan, metallic grey with black interior. I added the Honda Sensing, mostly because this car will be going to my kid in about 4 years.

I'm looking forward to playing with Android Auto. Sounds nifty. I test drove a 2016 Accord EX-L that was equipped with Sensing. Pretty cool stuff.

Delivery isn't specific, but they told me end of November. I'm hoping for before Xmas at least.
hey man welcome to the boards and congrats!!! Where abouts are you located?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Congrats on making the move to get one.

What other vehicles were you looking into before finally deciding on the Civic?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on making the move to get one.

What other vehicles were you looking into before finally deciding on the Civic?
The only other car I considered was a Corolla, but the new styling and superior tech options of the Civic won me over.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The only other car I considered was a Corolla, but the new styling and superior tech options of the Civic won me over.
The corolla doesn't even hold a candle to the new civic (or the rest of the compact segment for that matter).

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
237 Posts
you made the right choice, welcome to the dark side ;)

Even in 4 years when you give it your kids the Civic will still be fresh. The current Corolla will be gone and outdated by that point... >:)

congrats! do you know if there were many pre-orders at your store?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
They didn't even know that orders were being taken. They said I was the first person to even ask about the 2016's at the dealership.
I swear some dealers are so clueless... i remember when the 8th gen came out i went to look at the car and the dealer is trying to mumble through the new engine and power and features and i'm talking circles around him. I actually told him things he didn't know yet.

My mom was with me and was just laughing at the guy, told him "don't bother trying to tell him anything about this car, he already knows everything" haha.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, when I test drove the Accord to check out the Sensing features, he was backing up towards a parked car expecting the car to brake itself.

The Sensing was really cool. It gives me peace-of-mind to know that it's there, especially when my kid starts learning to drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What will you pay? Do you have ANY bargaining power? Or do you have to pay full list?
We haven't settled on price yet, mostly because it's still not in the system completely, so they couldn't even give me a financing quote. I'm not expecting to get any discounts, but I'm certainly not paying more than MSRP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We haven't settled on price yet, mostly because it's still not in the system completely, so they couldn't even give me a financing quote. I'm not expecting to get any discounts, but I'm certainly not paying more than MSRP.
Thanx. So the huge question for me is: Do I do the same as you (I want a Touring!) Or will I possible save maybe $500 if I wait 2 weeks after deliveries begin? A month?

·
Registered
991 Posts
$500 spread out over the whole loan term is nothing. I wouldn't wait if that's all you are going to save. Not worth it to me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
$500 spread out over the whole loan term is nothing. I wouldn't wait if that's all you are going to save. Not worth it to me.
Yes and no. The impatient me says, "Go for it!!!" But then again, $500 is $500. Actually it's more after 5 or 6 years of interest.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes and no. The impatient me says, "Go for it!!!" But then again, $500 is $500. Actually it's more after 5 or 6 years of interest.
It's about another 720 dollars give or take with a 2% interest rate over a 6 year period.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Was at my dealership last night to have my CVT recall taken care of... no 2016's in the showroom, so if they had one for training they're hiding it. Asked the maintenance tech who helped me (he was a big honda enthusiast, was gushing over wanting an accord sport). When i mentioned that some dealers in ohio had already gotten a 2016 for training he seemed surprised. I really don't think honda has told them much of anything regarding when they're getting these cars, and those lots that have alot of 2015s sitting around are probably getting delayed delivery (this one had 236 last time i checked). He even mentioned they had an unsold 2014 insight still on the lot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like its almost better to deal with the smaller stores at this time. They're less likely to have huge amounts of 2015 volume laying around...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts