10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed it. I have no idea if there is any performance impact, but atleast it feels like it's pulling abit better on low revs. Engine sounds definetely got louder and there's a slight whining sound now whenever accelerating slowly or engine breaking. I guess this is normal and you can hardly hear it (windows closed and audio off)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did you just throw in a drop in filter? I have been trying to get one for a few weeks but no stores here had it yet so I just ordered the PRL Stage 1 intake.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm running the PRL tube and an AFE Dry Flow filter, definite difference in sound, not sure on poser but it "feels" better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did you just throw in a drop in filter? I have been trying to get one for a few weeks but no stores here had it yet so I just ordered the PRL Stage 1 intake.
Yeah just the basic replacement drop in. Ordered it straight from K&N webstore and it was shipped free from United Kingdom to Finland. Good luck with your Stage 1 man! :) My Civic is currently a company car so I can't go with a complete intake setup or any bigger mods, unless I decide to buy it for myself one day (which is very possible, seeing how in love I am with this masterpiece currently)

I'm running the PRL tube and an AFE Dry Flow filter, definite difference in sound, not sure on poser but it "feels" better.
Nice! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah just the basic replacement drop in. Ordered it straight from K&N webstore and it was shipped free from United Kingdom to Finland. Good luck with your Stage 1 man! :) My Civic is currently a company car so I can't go with a complete intake setup or any bigger mods, unless I decide to buy it for myself one day (which is very possible, seeing how in love I am with this masterpiece currently)

Nice! :)
Nice!! I usually always go with either a K&N drop in or different intake but this PRL is awesome the car is definitely breathing better and you can hear the turbo spooling.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
PRL intake tube and drop in PRL high flow air filter is what I'm running.But I've pre ordered the PRL Cobra CAI

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put K&N drop in. I feel my car pulls less, I am probably going to put stock back in. Is it necessary to reset ecu or something? I'm very disappointed. Any insite, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put K&N drop in. I feel my car pulls less, I am probably going to put stock back in. Is it necessary to reset ecu or something? I'm very disappointed. Any insite, thanks.
Same here, (2018 1.0 turbo) the turbo doesn't responds at lower rpm after installed. The NA natural air intake may be more, and cause this learning process saved to a different power output. In conclusion, the lower gear is more smooth, but at the same time no more feeling about turbo gets in. Will change back to stock air filter as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts