10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reason why, when activated, the KARR alarm will not beep (sound the horn), nor will the lights flash?

All doors, the trunk, and hood are verified to be closed, and are locked when the alarm is activated. I even press the "lock" button on the FOB twice, as recommended, (i.e once to lock, and once to sound horn.)

This is on a 2016 Honda Civic LX.

Thank-you

-terry

·
Registered
876 Posts
maybe there's a fuse for it that's bad? take it to your dealer, that's just about the best thing to do, after all it's under warranty.
aside from that issue how has it been going so far?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello "Smith"

Thank-you for responding....

So far, the '16 Civic has been great, and it is all that I expect from it. This is my 3rd Honda (previous - Accord, Civic), and both went over 200,000 miles. My 93 Civic is still running, and has 260,000 miles on it. I will keep it until it dies.

The "beeping" sound is intermittent, and before I went to the dealer, I wanted to see what the consensus was out from other Civic owners. I will be taking the car back to the dealer sometime next week.

Thank-you again

-terry

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Let us know what the dealership says. I've heard of a dealer installed alarm telling people that the trunk was constantly open when it was not but that's pretty much it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts