10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is dedicated to any and all questions and comments pertaining to the Ktuner for the 1.5 Turbo & 2.0.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm pretty sure Ktuner is the only tuner as of now that's available for both the 1.5 and 2.0.If anyone has a 2.0 that's using the Ktuner please post your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! 2.0 MT LX Coupe here, I have the AEM CAI and Ktuner combo, and it's absolutely addictive! The WOT sound is awesome, you can feel the throttle response right away, but the best part is after 4500RPM's. The VTEC kicks in at 5600 ish at all gears, and actually you can hear it **** well! If anyone can afford this combo, do it, you will not regret...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep JR has some skills with his Ktuner thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks like Ktuner has upped their game.
Ktuner has The capability to improve turbo spool up, part throttle boost response, VTC control, better ignition timing control, no throttle closures.These features aren't offered with Flash Pro.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
could the CVT transmission take this much torque and HP?
would the CVT transmission on the 1.5 civic handle this Ktuner and how much torque and HP it gives?
That's a great question.Ive read that the 1.5-T has a different CVT than the 2.0 Hopefully Honda over engineered its trans.

Reactions: hawk02

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive had my car tuned with the Flash Pro.Im now tuning with the Ktuner and must say the added adjustments that KTuner offers brings my 1.5-T CVT a level higher than Flash Pro.These tunes were 87 octane.Now doing a 91 octane Ktuner tune."StAyTuNeD"

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

100% WOT on a CVT and 20 PSI boost both only capable with Ktuner.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Graph

Attachments

• 8.1 KB Views: 1,146

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ktuner tuned on 91 E-10 notice how the speedometer shoots up that's the Turbo kicking in and losing traction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ktuner tuned on 91 E-10 notice how the speedometer shoots up that's the Turbo kicking in and losing traction.
Nice vid.
Do you have any other gauge indicators or monitored the tune info for fuel mixture ratings?

I'm interesting to see how the Hondata and Ktuner mappings are different, since you have both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boost by gear is a great fonction for the manual tranny,,, but for the cvt the best is to adjust the boost with the rpm. So you can add a little more boost from 3000-4500rpm and more from 4500 to 6500. This will put less stress on the cvt.

Don't know if it's possible ??

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boost by gear is a great fonction for the manual tranny,,, but for the cvt the best is to adjust the boost with the rpm. So you can add a little more boost from 3000-4500rpm and more from 4500 to 6500. This will put less stress on the cvt.

Don't know if it's possible ??
I'll let ya know how this turns out.I have a CVT.And a calibration to upload with BBG.Since there are no gears it will be interesting to see how it works.I also have a calibration with BBG and VSA/TC disabled.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My 91 octane Boost by gear calibration is done and I must say it's fantastic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts