10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from what I have heard KTuner is the way to go and Hondata is too basic. How much power can KTuner give me though and will it get rid of rev hang? Also are there any down sides to the tune, like more engine noise or anything?

·
Registered
198 Posts
So from what I have heard KTuner is the way to go and Hondata is too basic. How much power can KTuner give me though and will it get rid of rev hang? Also are there any down sides to the tune, like more engine noise or anything?
Well they both do the same thing, they allow you to change ecu parameters for better performance. They are not power adders per se, but they allow you get the proper use our of the bolt ons you may have added or maximize the stock parts you have. FlashPro gives you more access to tables than a Ktuner v1 which only allows you to flash predetermined tunes that Ktuner has. BUT, a Ktuner v2 is far outpacing flashpro in what tables and access they give you on your ECU for tuners to play with. Vit can work wonders with the access Ktuner is allowing him to have in the ECU. Hondata is keeping a lot of the stuff closed off to protect the engines and cvt's. There is no downside to a custom tune. I doesnt change the way the car sounds, just the way it drives or reacts to your throttle inputs.

my personal situation is that I have a Flash Pro running Hondata's +6 psi high octane tune. Its good for what it does but i've bought a v2 that im waiting to ship so i can get a custom tune that fits what i want.

TL;DR get the v2 and get a custom tune

Reactions: Deathklok

·
Premium Member
912 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Now that you mention it, I remember your thread on KTuner for 2.0 and 1.5T engines.

I guess if anyone still has questions regarding it they can always ask some of the KTuner devotee's here about it :D

eduranjr being one of them although he has gone MIA

Hello! 2.0 MT LX Coupe here, I have the AEM CAI and Ktuner combo, and it's absolutely addictive! The WOT sound is awesome, you can feel the throttle response right away, but the best part is after 4500RPM's. The VTEC kicks in at 5600 ish at all gears, and actually you can hear it **** well! If anyone can afford this combo, do it, you will not regret...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts