10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I think the lane assist feature is pretty sweet but I don't really understand why its only on passenger mirror... I assume they didn't put it on the drivers side because at the farthest end it refracts [is that the right word? when it gets bendy] but I don't trust that and end up turning around to make sure nothing is in the blind spot anyways.

I would've liked to have a feature on both mirrors for blind spots, like on Kia Optima's where an indicator lights up if it senses something in the blind spot, I would take that system in both mirrors over having this fancier high tech camera only on one side

Absolutely love the car otherwise.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think part of it is that you aren't looking in the direction of the screen when looking at your left blindspot.

Another thing - I don't think the camera is designed to completely replace your own eyes. No car's blindpost camera or backup camera is really designed to do that. Its simply there to help augment your driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I find it's better to have an indicator on the mirror that will quickly tell me if a car is approaching into my blind spot without having to take my eyes off the road! "Lane Watch" can be helpful when you need to check for cyclist, pedestrians, or cars that are very close to the right of you. It takes me a couple of seconds for me to look down at the screen and see if there's something there. I find the camera resolution to be very poor (yes, I do wear glasses).

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I find it's better to have an indicator on the mirror that will quickly tell me if a car is approaching into my blind spot without having to take my eyes off the road! "Lane Watch" can be helpful when you need to check for cyclist, pedestrians, or cars that are very close to the right of you. It takes me a couple of seconds for me to look down at the screen and see if there's something there. I find the camera resolution to be very poor (yes, I do wear glasses).
That's one reason why I can't wait for more advanced versions of HUD systems to come online, even if it's not OEM but an aftermarket add-on we can buy. All that vital information can be projected where it's most ideal.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Honda chose only the passenger side because they said it was easier for the driver to just turn his head left quick to check for the blinds pot. Upper models such as the Elite trims usually get rid of the lane watch camera and opt for the sensors instead

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd rather have it on the drivers mirror, I have a harder time turning my head to check that side than I do the passenger side.
But either way I don't depend on it yet, I still turn and look

·
Registered
64 Posts
So if I have the "sensing system" option on a Civic I buy, if there is a car to my left in my blind spot or anywhere to my left where I cannot safely move to the left, there is no light in the driver mirror that indicates? I think I am confusing myself here. lol. I know some vehicles have that, not sure about Civic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts