10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Honda will be offering some features as options instead of bundling things together? I know the asian car companies have a tendency to put everything in a bundle.

But I really didn't want to have to get the top tier trim level just to get LED headlights when the Corolla has them standard (all be it lowbeams). I hate how Honda has reserved LED headlights for touring models only on all their new vehicles. I'd much rather pay a fee for select options the way BMW does it. You want upgraded lights only? Done. You want just the upgraded stereo? Sure.

I was hoping it was going to be an option on another trim level besides the touring as they mentioned in a press release that upper trim LEVELS, plural, were able to have full LED front and rear lighting. Just give me the EX trim with an option to add on LED headlights and I'd be golden. I don't care about all the safety gadgets and nav. So frustrating when this car has really turned my head back to Honda.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hard to say if it'll be an option until the build page comes out. If all else fails, can you change the bulb yourself?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I read on one of the reviews that the LED headlights would be optional equipment... haven't seen that statement in other reviews yet however... I want an EX-T, and while i don't mind the look of the projectors (i'd replace the bulbs to match the LED accent light color) having the LED lights available as an option would be nice.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
They're going to look for an area to cut back on and that LED headlight setup is going to be one of them since it's so easy to change out, far easier than it is to say... change out a number of interior bulbs to LED.

Plus this has been a typical practice by a number of car makers already, a trend sure to continue.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but even though we have pricing and packaging information I don't think we have order guides available just yet... anyone had any luck getting one of their dealer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts