10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a nice long trip in the new SI. Am psyched. QUESTION: on the freeway, you're not driving "sporty" and perhaps you don't need a tighter suspension or more sensitive acceleration of whatever SPORT MODE does. In fact, for comfort, would NON SPORT MODE be better...? On the other hand, I dodged a TEXTER just yesterday, crossing the center-line, in town, and I swear it was good I was in SPORT MODE to scoot radically out of the way in a big hurry. Of course, who knows...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm just glad I do not have a button for Sport mode like you. Your sport mode is a button and not on the shift lever, right?

(Are you heir to the Mead corp, the school supply company? Used to love my notebooks etc.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm taking a nice long trip in the new SI. Am psyched. QUESTION: on the freeway, you're not driving "sporty" and perhaps you don't need a tighter suspension or more sensitive acceleration of whatever SPORT MODE does. In fact, for comfort, would NON SPORT MODE be better...? On the other hand, I dodged a TEXTER just yesterday, crossing the center-line, in town, and I swear it was good I was in SPORT MODE to scoot radically out of the way in a big hurry. Of course, who knows...
You pretty much answered your own question......Clearly sport mode is for a "sportier" driving experience so why would you do it on the highway? And to be clear it does not effect throttle response THAT much. If you're worried about being able to get out the way of crazy drivers just drive more defensively.

I'm just glad I do not have a button for Sport mode like you. Your sport mode is a button and not on the shift lever, right?

(Are you heir to the Mead corp, the school supply company? Used to love my notebooks etc.)

Ive never seen a button on a manual transmission shift knob that would be pretty dumb. Its on the console located just aft of the shift knob to the right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts