10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, new to the forum here! I am a longtime Honda owner (89 Civic sedan, 99 Civic sedan, 97 Accord sedan, 09 Fit hatchback) and I am looking at possibly purchasing the 2017 LX hatchback. I'm wondering what your experience with the car has been? I'm looking for a better, more comfortable drive than my current car (09 Fit) without losing all of that car's versatility. I have driven the HR-V a handful of times and I did not particularly care for it, plus I don't really need all wheel drive.

I'm wondering what you all have thought about the car? Likes? Dislikes? Any thoughts about whether Honda Sensing is worth it?

I appreciate your comments!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I can't find all that many posts about lowering springs around here, or at least not ones where the member has actually installed them.
Did you already find some springs you like?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
i have the LX and love it
for that price you cant get a better car on the market with that power and fuel efficiency

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a similar question
I currently have a FIT
I am trying to decide between the HR-V and the civic hatchback
I don't really need the HRV but the fit is horrible in the snow (NY city here)
Is the civic hatchback ok in the snow? (no 4 wheeling for me, but I work in a hospital, so no snow days for me either)

Also, the fit has a really low "skirt" (the bottom part?) and it bottoms out on driveways and potholes etc
Is the ground clearance higher on the hatchback - it looks about the sams

·
Registered
382 Posts
cheaper alternative to either of those would be a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels.

and if you HAVE to get to the hospital, i'd opt for the HR-V with AWD and still get the winter set up. you should never miss a shift...unless the roads are closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts