10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was set on *** touring model but the white doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Maybe it's the showroom lighting. The Black Touring looked AWESOME (super surprised how good the ivory leather looked since I have always had black...very classy), but I am afraid of getting black again since it always looked dirty my 2006 ex and I promised myself I would not get Black again. Tooted no lunar silver in the Touring model. Thoughts? ....*** and black leather (less maintenance) or black with ivory interior (really classy looking but maintenance might be a bit*h) help !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking *** with black also. I may consider the ivory. Have never had black interior and fear it will show dust, etc. Both vehicles we own have gray. Did you see *** Touring in person? Any pictures?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Put it out in the sun, it looks great! Here are some photos of my 2016 *** HR-V and there are a couple close up shots where I tried to show the paint color more accurately. We love it, had black before and the *** is worlds better.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/474-h...r-new-tint-some-detailing-done-i-m-happy.html

I had many black cars and I love them for the 41 seconds they stay clean. I'll never again do black after the last one, I'm over it. White and red are dreams to keep clean, I like grey and silver but good god there are tons of those colors around so I may never get one of those colors. Like the cosmic blue, but it's dark enough it will be hard to keep clean like black I bet. I've had a dark blue car and it was not easy to keep looking good. But it was very dark. Have to see cosmic in person but it does look very classy and is different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put it out in the sun, it looks great! Here are some photos of my 2016 *** HR-V and there are a couple close up shots where I tried to show the paint color more accurately. We love it, had black before and the *** is worlds better.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/474-h...r-new-tint-some-detailing-done-i-m-happy.html

I had many black cars and I love them for the 41 seconds they stay clean. I'll never again do black after the last one, I'm over it. White and red are dreams to keep clean, I like grey and silver but good god there are tons of those colors around so I may never get one of those colors. Like the cosmic blue, but it's dark enough it will be hard to keep clean like black I bet. I've had a dark blue car and it was not easy to keep looking good. But it was very dark. Have to see cosmic in person but it does look very classy and is different.
Good info. it's been a while since I had black. In Canada we only have 4 choices for the touring. Burgundy night pearl (black interior) , Chrystal black pearl (black or ivory interior), Modern steel metallic (black interior and I just had that colour on my 2012 lx, before that a black 2006 ex) and *** (black interior). I am not a maintenance guy but just saw the Black with ivory interior and thought it was awesome> they did not have a white touring, only the EX. The *** touring might look different with the wheels, chrome handles in the touring trim. etc and on the road) grrrrr ! lol my head hurts. any more thoughts or advice ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Paint will change over time and get updated. The 2004 white may not look the same as the 2016 model year white. Probably just needs a bit of sunlight to highlight the paint differences.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Sunlight definitely helps. Saw a 2015 sedan in *** a few weeks back (my coupe is taffeta white). In terms of shade of white they're almost identical, and the pearl isn't immediately noticeable, especially at a distance. It's subtle, but reflects light so much nicer than the plain taffeta.

Toyota has a pearl white on the rav4 that looks absolutely beautiful... its just the right amount of pearl without losing the true white color. I wish honda used one as nice as that. (and that is the only nice thing i'll have to say about toyotas probably ever haha)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts