10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17 hatchback EX trim. I love the car but the infotainment center can be tricky. I have had to reset my FM radio presets on 4 different occasions. After the 3rd time I took it to the dealer. All they could do is reset the radio by removing the battery cables, touching them and re attaching them. 1 month later it happens again. I turn the car on and the presets are gone. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 7 month old 2016 Touring sedan and I never had any issue with having to reset my FM or AM or satellite radio presets. The only issue I did have was that sometimes when I turned on my radio it was on FM when I had left it on satellite radio, but that has happened maybe 3 times only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happens to my radio, too

I have a 2017 EX-T, and occasionally the audio cuts out for a fraction of a second. This morning, all my radio presets disappeared, while I was driving (and listening to the radio!); oddly, Siris Xm presets are still there. Not happy, the car is freakin' three weeks old, it should run flawlessly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a EXL-Navi.

My system had some serious Navigation problems + system glitches (since October)... had to replace both the gps antena and main console system (both faulty)... now 100% fixed

I never had issues with radio station settings being reset.
When this happens do other settings change... like menu screen preferences, icon locations, camera settings, etc?

Either this is a software glitch, or a problem with the main console unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had similar issues

I have a 2016 EX-T, and I've lost my radio presets probably 5 or 6 times. It is starting to happen more frequently. It happened yesterday and again this morning. I think it's more likely a bug in the computer rather than a loose battery cable because everything else works fine, and it's really glitchy. Yesterday, it happened while I was driving, listening to the radio. All of a sudden, the radio went to fuzz. The stations were listed correctly on the buttons, but when I pushed them, I'd get the default (as if I lost my presets but the display didn't change). After turning off the car and starting it back up, all of the stations were gone on the display as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
just curious as to why they would change their system in the cars....it's a very simialr set-up in the 14-15 as in the 16-17. however, the 14-15 models have very few if any issues that i'm seeing here with the 10th gen.

so, the assumption here it is related to a software glitch or a head unit failure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I was wondering if you have found out what the issue was? Has it been fixed? I have had the exact same problem over and over. The last time I took it in honda replaced the whole radio unit. And its still doing it. So Frustrating on a brand new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having same issue. Started when I first bought car in July 2016. Dealer replaced head unit. Very hit and miss unfortunately it happened again this morning. Sorry to hear no one has a fix, but makes me feel better that I am not loosing my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Piling on here, I have also been having the preset problem. Plenty of complaints but no answers. Sound starts cutting in an out, and then the AM/FM station presets change to the defaults. They don't match what is actually playing through the radio until the unit is turned off and back on. XM is not affected. This happens at least once a month to my 2017 Civic since I bought it late last year. Dealer of course seems clueless.

The complaints sound the same in every case so I have to believe this is a software defect. I have also had other buggy software problems, such as preset buttons completely disappearing and a message saying something like function not available appears in their place. Clicking around brings them back sometimes. On top of that the whole unit is slow and sometimes becomes unresponsive. Terrible interface and an embarrassment for Honda. I hate class actions but I am on board with one for this radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 17 hatchback EX trim. I love the car but the infotainment center can be tricky. I have had to reset my FM radio presets on 4 different occasions. After the 3rd time I took it to the dealer. All they could do is reset the radio by removing the battery cables, touching them and re attaching them. 1 month later it happens again. I turn the car on and the presets are gone. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.
Yes, me too. I haven’t taken it in yet for the problem. But, I have a 2017 Civic and I lost my preset stations several times already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the 18 type r and it’s exactly the same problem, I call Honda customer service and it’s always the same answer “they never heard this before” that is what the customer service rep will always says, just like my Civic Si third gear synchro problem and I never got it fix even every one is talking about it on the form. Anyway I took my car back to the dealer and they said they spoke to Honda technical and they knew about the problem but they don’t have a fix yet. The dealer told me they reset and updated the firmware for another issue that they are aware of from the previous cases and guess what happened now my radio is doing something else now it switches the station to the preset 1 by itself. so I don’t know if that is better or worse than before???shi??
The funniest thing I took my type R for radio ck at the dealer that I bought my car from when I pick up my car the paper work says 871miles in and 872 miles out but my actual miles out when I pick up my car was 880 miles. I was not happy because I know someone took my car out for a joyride and I don’t know how hard they might have push my car because I am still in my break in period since I pick up my car from that dealership. This days you can’t trust the dealership that you bought your car from what else is going to next:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same old problem

I just got a 2018 EXL. Have preset the stations 3x now - barely 500 miles on it.
Had the same exact problem with my 2016 model.
Eventually, I will just switch to an iPod anyway.

This is an OLD problem that they cannot resolve. Dumb really, but the rest of the car is great, so ...
Just think of how many software engineers Honda has, and not ONE of them can figure this out. Embarrassing really. The code must be a spaghetti mess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Presets disappear again

Have twice now had all radio presets on my 2018 Civic disappear upon starting the car in the morning. Satellite presets are not affected. The dealer has "never seen this before."

Side note: I learned the hard way the Civic has no low windshield washer fluid warning. Seems only the Canadian version comes with this luxury.

Other than these two issues, I adore this car! Looking forward to the radio fix!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts