10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned my 2016 Civic touring since end of March. After about a month, one day got in turned it on and heard a loud bang/pop noise. It came from speakers and there was no audio, from any source. Later after car was off and turned back on it was fine. Spoke to dealer who suggested a possible software update. Did that and a few days later it was back. The problem is intermittent and is at a start up. So it either works or doesn't. Heard of others having the same problem and they got a new amp installed (from Honda). Honda will not recognize that my problem is the same as others until they experience it themselves. I am frustrated and need to know if anyone else having the problem? Anyone in New Jersey/Pennsylvania? Also have the rattling from back speakers/sub woofer?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Not sure about the popping noise but if you can't recreate it at the dealership, you can try recording it when the popping does occur and show it to your dealership as proof.

As for the rattling, a lot of people are having the same problem and you can read about it here: http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/5265-450-watt-speaker-touring-rattling-smacking-sound-5.html

Honda hasn't really released a solution so most of the time the rattling is getting fixed either by the owner themselves or by the dealership, mostly involves wedging some foam around the speakers.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
At least being something as simple as that it doesn't require any special expertise, instead just some short amount of time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There have been several threads on this on the other Civic X forum. Turning off DTE Neural processing has been a workaround for some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Possible fix

Watch my video on a possible fix for this problem. The popping sound fix should be at the end of the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=SmdLUdO7jpQ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts