10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know the road manners and ride quality differences between the LX with the 16 inch wheels versus the EX with the 17s and Sports with the 18s. Anyone got the optional 19s?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the sport model and I say ride quality is really smooth. No complaints about that. Only thing I would change is the tires cause they?re pretty noisy.(continentals)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the sport model and I say ride quality is really smooth. No complaints about that. Only thing I would change is the tires cause they?re pretty noisy.(continentals)
My 16 inch Kinergy tires are so comfortable and they are not even a grand touring type tire like the Continentals are. They handle smooth roads as well as rough pothole "unfilled" roads with amazing tenderness and delicacy. Why not blame the skinny profile tread on the 18s before lambasting the entire company. last time I had a continental tire, they had good traits and attributes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 16 inch Kinergy tires are so comfortable and they are not even a grand touring type tire like the Continentals are. They handle smooth roads as well as rough pothole "unfilled" roads with amazing tenderness and delicacy. Why not blame the skinny profile tread on the 18s before lambasting the entire company. last time I had a continental tire, they had good traits and attributes.
yea it?s 235/35/18 tire. So how do you like the lx model?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
i have the same in manual and all i can say yes the tires are comfy but garbage at the same time.......the front tires are worn halfway and are horrible in the rain just after this summer....but the hole experience about the LX for the price...i think you cant beat it on the market with a better car

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have the same in manual and all i can say yes the tires are comfy but garbage at the same time.......the front tires are worn halfway and are horrible in the rain just after this summer....but the hole experience about the LX for the price...i think you cant beat it on the market with a better car
definitely get 17 or 18s . Did you see the hfp wheels for the hatch they look awesome. If you looking for tires I always went with Michelin as3 + tires. Great performance all season tires and has good grip in the rain. Yea you can?t beat that price for a new car. You?ve done any mods to your hatch?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You can't beat a LX Hatch and not to mention that they come with Sensing with the CVT transmission only cause with MT, you are already focused doing manual labor. So when you are cruising in your automatic CVT, at I think atleast 15-20 mph or >, the car will save you from crashing if you get distracted with turning the radio with your right hand or sight seeing. I don't txt or use the phone when I drive so this is just added distraction insurance! Not allowed for MT. *frown*

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
definitely get 17 or 18s . Did you see the hfp wheels for the hatch they look awesome. If you looking for tires I always went with Michelin as3 + tires. Great performance all season tires and has good grip in the rain. Yea you can?t beat that price for a new car. You?ve done any mods to your hatch?
yep i did the Af Dynamic short ram intake (for sound...real turbo sound)
and got myself the Type R shift knob ;)
and getting new wheels next year for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
yep i did the Af Dynamic short ram intake (for sound...real turbo sound)
and got myself the Type R shift knob

and getting new wheels next year for sure!
I really love how the blue looks on the Civic hatches. That was my go to color but I was told that color is rare with the 6 speed in manual. So I got the polished metal instead which is also a nice color. How does that intake sound in your car?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Cosmic Blue is not allowable for the Hatches This is something the MMC model cars can fix and by MMC, I am talking 2019s!! Also, how does Cross traffic alerts and cameras with sensors standard on all Sensing sound and on Sport MT without HS? New colors? How about Fusion blue metallic sound?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cosmic Blue is not allowable for the Hatches This is something the MMC model cars can fix and by MMC, I am talking 2019s!! Also, how does Cross traffic alerts and cameras with sensors standard on all Sensing sound and on Sport MT without HS? New colors? How about Fusion blue metallic sound?
all sounds great . On the hatch I believe it?s called Aegean blue. It just looks more sportier. I would like to change my head unit as well because the stock one looks boring .

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I really love how the blue looks on the Civic hatches. That was my go to color but I was told that color is rare with the 6 speed in manual. So I got the polished metal instead which is also a nice color. How does that intake sound in your car?
hmmm the turbo sound is just so awesome and you hear everything from the air whistling and blow off sound with it!!!!
no HP gain or lost with that...sound is the main goal with it!
here the best video on the net that make justice in sound

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The point of this thread is to show just how much the LX hatch is clowning the upper trims cause we don't need an intake, and furthermore, the reason is we ride on 16s with no sunroof and a more rigid chassis, str8 up!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
wow that sounds great! Any other mods of future mods for your hatch?
hmmm maybe flashpro next year with the +6psi set up...i love the power it have already...but a little more is always better :)
maybe exhaust if they come out with one for the LX........and mugen vent visor this spring for sure since its a lease i dont want to put too much money in my car...but im going to bring my LX just as i need it to enjoy it more than stock

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
..but im going to bring my LX just as i need it to enjoy it more than stock
What are you lacking in and have an inferiority complex that causes you to need to constantly change and go aftermarket and thus be out of bounds and at fault at being out of stock? trust issues?

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow that sounds great! Any other mods of future mods for your hatch?
hmmm maybe flashpro next year with the +6psi set up...i love the power it have already...but a little more is always better

maybe exhaust if they come out with one for the LX........and mugen vent visor this spring for sure since its a lease i dont want to put too much money in my car...but im going to bring my LX just as i need it to enjoy it more than stock
yea I would to get an exhaust for my car as well. Maybe a drop in intake and exhaust would help bring out the turbo noises and engine to life. What?s the hp,tq number are like for flash pro ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts