10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Ya oughta flip the bolts around on the hood end.So the nut side is towards the center of the hood.Shorter bolts with nylock nuts would finish it off too.Great idea though.Thumbs up dude:+1:?:+1:?

·
Registered
2 Posts
They should be standard on cars but add cost I guess. On another note, how do you like the shock tower brace? I put one on my 95 Miata and it was a big improvement. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
couldn't find nylock nuts in any local shops.....hope that threadlock will do the work~
Yeah, should flip the bolt~ Thank you~

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tower strut bar stiffened the handling up significantly, makes cornering feel much more precise.......and less body rolling,too....
I did test drive right before install it and after...did feel the huge difference~ Great investment!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
They should be standard on cars but add cost I guess. On another note, how do you like the shock tower brace? I put one on my 95 Miata and it was a big improvement. Happy Thanksgiving!
Well on this level Honda is working with I think they should make it part of a HFP package if owners want to buy that. would be cool if we can check off "HFP Package" when purchasing an Si. Perfect way for someone to own a sporty Civic without having to spend Type R money.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Where did you get the hood damper from ?? Looks great and definitely the much preferred method over the hood prop. Strut tower brace looks nice as well :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cannot say its universal....

did some research and measurement to figure out which damper shock could fit to 10th civic...and this came out to me~

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but do you happen to remember what car the struts where for or do you have an updated link???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts