10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's speaking Chinese so I have no idea what he's saying, what I do know is that they're comparing the 1.5T 6 Speed MT and 1.5T CVT to see which one's better.

First was a 0-100km/h acceleration test. Both transmission seems to have gotten 7.8 seconds so there's no difference there.

As for the lap time, this may be affected by the driver's skills but the CVT has a faster lap time of 1:05:80 compared to the manual's 1:05:30.

·
Registered
876 Posts
So we just wasted 12minutes + watching this. This video provides no value to people looking to own these and decide between manual or CVT. The real deciding factor is quite obvious before someone even look at 0-60, 0-100, etc. Much bigger motivations than milliseconds

·
Registered
213 Posts
He's speaking Chinese so I have no idea what he's saying, what I do know is that they're comparing the 1.5T 6 Speed MT and 1.5T CVT to see which one's better.

First was a 0-100km/h acceleration test. Both transmission seems to have gotten 7.8 seconds so there's no difference there.

As for the lap time, this may be affected by the driver's skills but the CVT has a faster lap time of 1:05:80 compared to the manual's 1:05:30.
How can a lap time of 1:05:80 be faster than 1:05:30? >:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
the cvt is great.i have 2 manual cars and this cvt for my daily. la traffic is horrible. and my race clutches wont do. honda seems to put a lot of work into these transmissions. steel belt. i wonder if they can put in a lsd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts