10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Modifications to my touring civic coupe

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  kseriesparts 
#1 ·
So i ran into some money and am looking into upgrading my civic touring coupe...
ex. bigger turbo, brakes, intercooler, cold/ram air intake

What can i do to my civic to get it up and going and just overall faster!

#7 ·
That is very true ^^

This isn't as easy as upgrading to a "better" clutch that can hold some more torque like before. I would say the first thing to start with would be an intake, wait for some decent headers to come out for this, and get it tuned. Drive it around and see how you like it and go from there. Right now there really isn't much out there for it, maybe throw on a 50 shot of nitrous or something.

#11 ·
What if i just want a cvt upgrade

I asked my buddy about it but he does mostly american transmissions, he didn't have any ideas. Im wondering if there are any jdm parts available that might help with the strength.is a belt upgrade all that's necessary or are the gears inside in need of upgrade as well. I just want to upgrade my cvt so i can start upgrading without worrying about breaking.and i love the type r, but its a different vehicle i love my touring civic it has safety speed and use ability, and if i daily drove a type r my insurance would get too high lol.

#12 ·
Flash Pro.

#15 ·
the option he can try is reducing the weight of the car. swap out the wheels with super lights...remove the spare tire (if these have them), start removing the back seat, carpet, door panels...A/C unit...etc.

i mean, there is only so much you can do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.