10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. We took our Si sedan on its first road trip, from St. Louis to Topeka and Kansas City. 36.7 overall mpg with speeds up to 96. Very happy with utility and performance, except I wish there was a way to opt out of the right side blind spot camera when you are using CarPlay maps. Missed a few turns because of that.
Anyway, we drove through rain on Saturday morning, then the car sat in a garage for 24 hours. I was very surprised that when I rolled my window down then back up it was wet. Same thing happened a few weeks back when I washed the car, but then it sat out in the sun for a couple of hours. Every other car seems to exhibit this only an hour or so. Is there a venting problem in the door?
Just wondering.

·
Registered
382 Posts
what the heck is in topeka to cause you to drive 5 hours????

don't know about your vent...but, it could have been humidity in the door from the two temperature changes. we had fog all weekend and very heavy drizzle friday and saturday

for some reason, i thought you could disable the camera in the settings.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I also find that the wipers on the door stay wet for a long time but I don't think it's a problem or a flaw, it's just how they are.

You can disable the LaneWatch camera from coming on with every right signal application. It's in the camera sub-menu.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. Fear24 my wife has a 98 year old grandmother in Topeka. I'm afraid much more mentally capable than yours truly. Barenaked, what can I say? I'm living up to my handle. Now, can you help me with programming this **** VCR?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
@TheOldMan - The owner's guide is something like 650 pages long; there are so many niggling little adjustments available that one can almost never keep track. No worries, I figure you're pretty brave just for trying. It's sad to say that I usually have to ask my 10-year-old for assistance in sorting a lot of this stuff out.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts