10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It’s been a while since we’ve heard about the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback or seen new spy shots of it but spy photographers have managed to capture an almost fully revealed Civic Hatchback while it’s being tested.

A clear shot of the interior shows us a dash layout that looks exactly like the one found in the Sedan. Nothing wrong with that considering the fact that it’s rated as high as BMW, Cadillac, Lexus and Volvo in regards to refinement and overall comfort.

According to Autocar, the new hatchback is expected to be overall a bit larger than the current hatch with a longer, wider and lower body. The increased length will give this hatchback additional cabin and cargo space and if Honda did stick with the concept hatchback’s dimensions, we could be seeing an additional 30mm in width and 130mm in length compared to the outgoing hatch and it’ll sit 20mm lower too.

Worth a mention are the missing centrally mounted tailpipes that the concept model had. Instead, the pipes seem to be fully hidden on the production model. Also missing from the rear are the two large rear wings which seems to have been replaced by a shark fin antenna. This could indicate that they may come as an additional option when the ordering books are open.

Once launched, the hatchback will come with three engine options: a 1.0 litre three-cylinder turbo, a 1.5 litre four-cylinder turbo or a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. This has not been confirmed yet but the 1.0 litre engine is speculated to have a power output of around 100bhp(101hp) and the 1.5 may be able to produce around 174bhp (176hp).

With these spy shots of what seems to be a production ready hatchback, we could be expecting an official reveal from Honda near autumn this year.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't Hatches open including the entire rear window. The picture looks like it just opens a bigger trunk. I'm less impressed compared to 5 minutes ago.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually, the last picture posted by Smith with out the camouflage skin looks very nice. Still not a fan of those rims.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The rims definitely look super odd, first thing I would do is get rid of them for sure. Even throw on some older oem wheels worst case scenario

1 - 9 of 9 Posts