10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. My name is John, and I have just signed the papers this morning for a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Honda Sensing. Unfortunately, no dealership in Indiana appears to have that exact trim in Aegean Blue (believe me, I checked with every dealership within 100 miles), so I'm having it built from the factory. Should be here in 2 months or so.

My love affair with cars began with a 2005 Mazda RX-8. She was a beauty in Titanium Grey. Unfortunately, 2 years of ownership with nearly biweekly caning at the track led to early symptoms of transmission problems.

So I got rid of it, in favor of a 2005 MazdaSpeed6. Loved that turbo boost, and I think it was where I started to acquire a fetish for turbos. Unfortunately, 6 months of ownership had cost me $5000+ in repair costs. These cars aren't exactly the most reliable.

That Speed6 was the last straw for me with Mazda honestly. So I joined the Honda family with a 2007 Honda S2000 AP2. She was an absolute hoot to drive and a joy to own. Reliable as a Civic, as much fun as a Porsche. But, it looks like the automotive gods conspired against me, and I had to leave the country (and thus get rid of the S2000).

When I came back a couple years back, I got myself a 2014 Honda Civic Si. I came back with child, so no more 2 door/2 seaters for me. I also happened to get a 2009 Yamaha FZ6R.

I've caned my Si around the track a couple times, and also took it to autocross. It was fun, but making sure the family wagon is in tip-top shape for my wife to drive while also caning it on the track made it too expensive. So I decided that the bike will now take on track duties, and the Si will just remain the family wagon.

Months later, I realized how much extra money I'm paying out my ass just to own the Si. The Si's reputation as the "boy racer special" made it expensive to insure, and I was paying for premium gas too.

I saw the 2016 Civics come in at the local Honda dealership, and decided to check it out. I fell in love with the interior, so I did the math, and lo and behold, switching to a regular Civic will save me $1200 a year in insurance and gas. ****, if I had bought an LX or EX, I'd actually spend $100 less per year on car ownership while paying the loan! But if I can't get sports car performance, I want my leather and tech, so I aimed for the EX-L with Honda Sensing. It'll cost me $300 extra for 5 years. In 7 years, the switch will have paid for itself!

Test driving it just sealed the deal for me. Sure, it doesn't handle like an Si, nor does it have the turbocharged push-me-into-the-seat feeling of the MazdaSpeed6, but it sure does pull hard enough for daily driving duty.

So this morning, I put my money where my mouth is, and signed the papers and put a downpayment on a brand spanking new Aegean Blue.

I hope to be an active part of this community. Looking forward to shitposting with all of you!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congratulations.

Wow. The plant, one of them anyway, is 117 miles away and it takes two months? No wonder I'm expecting our MSM/Gray Touring to take three months. Greensburg is 4,435 miles from here. And 2,400+ of those are water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations.

Wow. The plant, one of them anyway, is 117 miles away and it takes two months? No wonder I'm expecting our MSM/Gray Touring to take three months. Greensburg is 4,435 miles from here. And 2,400+ of those are water.
Believe me, I'm more than tempted to pay them a visit over the weekend demanding to know where my car is along the assembly line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow, your decision is strange, but it's your business anyway. I also have my own car parts business and am currently urgently looking for commercial office movers who can do their job quickly and efficiently. I need to transport all the goods in a short time to the other end of the city. We have a lot of goods, so everything must be carefully transported. If you have any suggestions, I will be happy to listen to you. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts