10th Honda Civic Forum banner

MT thread (have you heel toed?)

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Crash 
#1 ·
My original question was about heel-toeing but perhaps this could include all other related MT questions as well.

Has anyone been able to? I've found the brake and gas pedal are uncomfortably far. I'm practically full on my brakes before I can just reach the gas pedal. Been driving standard for many many years and this is the first car I've seemed to have major issues.

Wondering if the Si or new hatchback sport model would be like this.

Although, I should try without ECO on. Maybe my engine is just way to unresponsive under ECO

#2 ·
Heck, I'm just glad Honda is even offering the 6MT...you're talking < 5% of new cars sold having a manual. As for pedal placement for heel/toe downshifting, keep in mind that the Civic is mostly a family oriented econobox. ;)

#4 ·
Add to that the fact this will likely be the last time we see a manual in a new Civic and all of a sudden it's like striking gold! Too bad it will be with the next generation Civic that people will really appreciate what we got here, although some have caught on already.

#3 ·
I guess. I've also read that the last generation basically had the same problem with a very deep gas pedal. Kinda lame. I'd be annoyed if the Si had a better pedal setup.

Having said, you're right. It's still coming out with a 6MT but I believe in Honda! Guess I'll just have to to some customizing.

#5 ·
I'm with you Smith...the manual is also a great theft deterrent. Not many people know how to do the "three pedal" dance anymore. Keep that in mind when getting tires, state inspection, etc. You may have to drive it in/out of the bay yourself. 0:)

#7 ·
My original question was about heel-toeing but perhaps this could include all other related MT questions as well.

Has anyone been able to? I've found the brake and gas pedal are uncomfortably far. I'm practically full on my brakes before I can just reach the gas pedal. Been driving standard for many many years and this is the first car I've seemed to have major issues.
I can and do heel/toe, but you aren't wrong in that I find it a little more difficult in this civic. I use more of a side step/ankle roll than a true heel/toe and it works fine if i'm wearing wider running shoes, but the pedals are a bit farther apart than I find comfortable in narrower shoes like my Chucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.