10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 2017, car will start both remotely and from within car. Throws several error messages on dash(basically lights up each of the warning messages, one after the other). Won't unlock steering wheel, won't go into gear. Have shut the car off, got out of car, started with remote start, still same thing. Car never wrecked, only 3k miles on car.
Anyone experienced anything like this ?

·
Registered
382 Posts
have you done anything to the car? added anything, modified anything? if not, then...

i think warranty would cover a tow to the dealer and they can fix it.

from my knowledge...i don't recall anyone else having this issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think there are a bunch of bugs and glitches on several different Models in the 10th gen Civic family ... it seems a little sporadic ...
If it only had 3k miles, dealer should take a look at it and have it taken care of for you.
I, myself, had all brake related issues error up on my HUD, last night.
I re-flashed my +9 hondata tune, and it went away. Hopefully, for good ...
Very isolated event ... for no friggin' reason ... make Honda tow and diagnose it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your insurance may include emergency towing as well. Through State Farm, I have it on all of my policies. It is not very expensive to add to a policy, and often includes car rental if needed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
More than a month before the orginal post. I guess he had it fixed, but it would be cool if he reported back so other folks would know what the problem and solution were. My guess is ECU or BCU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts