10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
you admit to being tough on cars....but yet it's Honda's fault for items that can be avoidable.

your brake issue probably is related to warped rotors. caused usually by driving habits
rock chips in windshield - happens on every car on the highway. don't want chips, don't drive on highway, especially close to other cars

clutches wear out, and you already admitted you are hard on your car. i've had clutches last over 100k miles, but i don't drive it like i stole it.

car is under warranty, take it back to dealership for the bumper.

·
Registered
382 Posts
it's still a civic. yes, you bought a Si model. that doesnt' make it a race car or track car off the showroom. if you want to drive it hard...you'll need to make some changes so that it can handle it. replace the brakes, pads, rotors and maybe lines to a more beefier set up - one meant for 'spirited' driving. replace the springs. i'm going to presume your tires will wear out pretty quick as well. may want to upgrade them as well.

windshields are what they are...with the higher speeds on the highways nowadays..and almost everyone drives too close anyways, one will get rock chips, no matter the brand.

i'm not saying anything about your driving habits...just if you are going to drive it hard, you have to make sure the car is up to the task. the type R sounds more like what you may need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts